GPS crashes my 3G ???

This is a discussion on GPS crashes my 3G ??? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; have had my nexus one for bout 2 month now on O2 pay as you go, GPS has worked fine (with or without phone signal) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS crashes my 3G ???

GPS crashes my 3G ???

have had my nexus one for bout 2 month now on O2 pay as you go,
    GPS has worked fine (with or without phone signal)
    Wifi works fine.
    everything else is normal.

I have recently been upgraded to unlimited data on my tariff so I set up the APN and everything works fine (internet youtube email whatever).

HOWEVER as soon as I turn GPS on I loose data connection. when this happens the 3G/E/G logo disappears from the status bar and all internet is lost (i still have good phone signal). if the GPS is then disabled again the connection will not restart and I am left without a data connection.

the only way I have found to get connection back is to restart the phone. after restart the data connection is fine as long as i keep the GPS off, if I enable it again I loose data.

this is driving me crazy as I cant use maps when im out and about because if I turn GPS on to see where I am then the maps wont load.

cant find anything on the net bout this
    any help on the matter would be appreciated. thanks in advance

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Long shot...

Remove the battery for 3mins. then reinstall and power up, then try again.

If it still the same, check with your carrier that you are using the right sim card.

Do you have "Setting Profiles" installed?

(I have a feeling that app has made my phone buggy... don't know for sure..)

I haven't got any profile or settings Apps installed so I don't think its that. I had thaught it may be caused by an app.

If I take battery out for 3mins and reinstall will I loose everything? How do I reinstall?

Don't think it's the sim as its new and the data works all other times except when GPS is on. Will try removing all apps that use GPS and will let you know how it goes. Any more ideas are welcome.

Removing the battery will not cause you to loose any data...

Only doing a factory reset will.

now its really starting to bug me.

I have uninstalled every app that uses or has access to the GPS.
    powered down, removed battery for 3 mins
    rebooted

data connection is fine, turn GPS on, data connection is fine, the second I use anything that uses GPS like maps I loose data connection again until I reboot.

how much will I loose if I factory reset? will I loose all my other apps?

Factory reset will loose everything...

Phone will return to factory state i.e when it was first purchased.

If you had enabled 'back up my settings' from the privacy settings, when you first set up your phone; all apps settings will be transferred back when you log into your gmail account at the set up.

BTW... I believe there's an market app for backing up onto your SDcard.

well i do have "back up my setting" enabled and iv made a list of everything just in case so wish me luck . . . see you on the other side.

You will be fine...

There's a get team on the Nexus One forum for support.

so iv done a full factory restore, my nexus looks all shiny and new, enter APN settings from this thread "http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-faq-how-tos/576-02-uk-payg-sim-data-settings.html" which worked for me before.
    data connects fine, internet is working, load maps (pre installed)

and guess what, data connection is lost :'(

don't know where to go from here, I guess this means that its going to have to go back to goggle right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links