Creating events on Calendar sends invites to ... the calendars?

This is a discussion on Creating events on Calendar sends invites to ... the calendars? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm a n00b, so sorry if anything isn't explained with the proper technical terms! I'm using the native Calendar, with the widget on my home ...

Thread: Creating events on Calendar sends invites to ... the calendars?

Creating events on Calendar sends invites to ... the calendars?

I'm a n00b, so sorry if anything isn't explained with the proper technical terms!

I'm using the native Calendar, with the widget on my home page - and I love it. But I'm noticing something weird, and kind of annoying.

When I create a new event on the N1's Calendar, I naturally choose one of the calendars I created in my online Google Calendar - Personal, Work, etc. The event appears normally in the widget, with the appropriate color for whichever calendar I chose.

But when I view the event in my online Google Calendar (by "online" I mean from my laptop - is that the right term to differentiate from viewing on phone?), the event has a question mark and a guest invited. The guest...is whatever calendar I picked. I.E. the event has the proper color for the Work calendar, but says that 1 guest has not responded - "Work".

Now, somehow it knows that I can respond for "Work" (or maybe you can always respond for guests? I don't use the invite feature, so I don't know). I can respond and say yes, "Work" is coming, or remove "Work" as a guest (then it asks if it should email the guests to let them know they're uninvited...I have no idea where that email's going!)

See screenshot (attached...is there a way to make it appear onscreen, rather than just be a download?) for what happens when I make a "Test" event for "Pick Up JW."

I can't find anything in the settings for Google Calendar online, nor in the N1, to explain why this is happening. It's not a bug, I just happen to find it EXCRUCIATINGLY ANNOYING.

I sent a help request through Nexus One support and got a form email back with information about how much plans cost with the N1. I wrote back to say that this was not a helpful answer, but I don't know when I'll hear back from them, of course.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have this same problem. Anyone know how to fix this? We can't be the only ones who are affected by this, it would seem anyone with two calendars or more would be affected when adding events to the non-primary account.

EDIT: Did some googling. They are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...6cdd7de0&hl=en

Updates will be posted there.

Quote Originally Posted by happyemm View Post
    See screenshot (attached...is there a way to make it appear onscreen, rather than just be a download?) for what happens when I make a "Test" event for "Pick Up JW."
    I looked at the screenshot and it looks like your description is appearing in the calendar field when it syncs. Does it always do that for you? What does it look like on your phone's calendar (before/after sync)?

Heard back from Google (a few days ago - sorry - work takes precedence over forums) and here's what they said:

"To resolve this issue, I suggest your clear your Calendar cache. If this
    doesn't resolve your issue, go to the next step.

- Uninstall any third-party applications that might be impacting the
    Calendar application

To do so, Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Press
    the menu button and select Filter -> Select All -> Scroll to the
    application you want to uninstall and select it -> Click Uninstall

If this doesn't resolve your issue, you would need to perform a factory
    reset. Go to Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset -> Click Reset
    phone. After resetting your phone, you will need to re-sign in to your
    Google account and re-download all of your apps.

Please do not hesitate to respond to this email, if this does not help."

I cleared the cache on my Google Chrome, waited, signed back in online, and created a new event on my phone. It worked perfectly fine - no Event guests. Give that a try.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links