nexus one: losing my contacts regularly

This is a discussion on nexus one: losing my contacts regularly within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey wuzzup? If got this problem: I'll import all my contacts from my SIM-card ( export them to the sd-card etc.)... and everything seems to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nexus one: losing my contacts regularly

Unhappy nexus one: losing my contacts regularly

Hey wuzzup?

If got this problem: I'll import all my contacts from my SIM-card ( export them to the sd-card etc.)... and everything seems to work for a while... even the pictures from facebook and my sd card show up (which i love)... but sooner or later, when i turn my phone back on, ALL THE CONTACTS ARE LOST. Its really strange... (all my text massages are still there, but with no names, just numbers)

It seems that this happened after i updated a few apps..

should i delete them all?

what didnt help

-I scanned my phone with lookout
    -saved my contacts in 1000 different styles
    -reinstalled chompSMS (but not NetSMS)

thank you for your help... it's really frustrating to loose all those contacts and pictures

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It may be a software glitch...

Have you tried to reboot your Nexus (power on/off)?
    If that doesn't work try removing the battery for a couple of mins.
    then reinstall and power up.

i have a similar issue. I have about 6 key contacts on my home screen (wife, parents and friends) whom i contact frequently. Yesterday i went to contact my Dad but when i pressed his contact it then brought up another contacts name though it was his picture on the home screen. I then tried a few of the others and they too had changed to someone else though all their pictures were still the same.

I've now deleted them and just use the phone/favourites method of contacting them.

Did you try the above suggestion?

It would have been interesting to know if that would of worked.

i did turn the phone on/off a few times but never removed the battery. The isue was still there.

I may put a few contacts back up and see what occurs over the next week or so.

By removing the battery, it causes the 'OS' to reset; especially where minor software glitches are concerned.

ah right, i didn't know that. Thanks.

I have a similar problem, and it's happened several times now. In my case, it is a transient thing, where one minute I'm texting with someone and I see their name. The next....it's just their phone number. If I wait long enough, they all come back, without turning the phone off or anything. I reboot my phone usually every 2-3 days, just for minor glitches or speed issues. In this case it's happened after fresh boots as well as after it's been up awhile. Just happened an hour ago....all is back to normal now.

If Google finds out the issue is on their side and the carrier, hopefully it will be addressed in a future OTA update.

Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsturm View Post
    I have a similar problem, and it's happened several times now. In my case, it is a transient thing, where one minute I'm texting with someone and I see their name. The next....it's just their phone number. If I wait long enough, they all come back, without turning the phone off or anything. I reboot my phone usually every 2-3 days, just for minor glitches or speed issues. In this case it's happened after fresh boots as well as after it's been up awhile. Just happened an hour ago....all is back to normal now.
    yeah. exactly this happened to me too... It's so sad, that google has software problems... I really didn't think this would happen. I mean i could really give a damn if my "google sky" app wouldn't work.. but losing your contacts is just the most annoying thing.

btw. the turning off/removing the battery for couple of minutes didn't work for me.. now the phone even starts to reboot by it self... omg..

I'm really a chill guy but this is getting fking ridiculous, lolz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links