restoring apps and data from my lost nexus One to my new one

This is a discussion on restoring apps and data from my lost nexus One to my new one within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I recently lost my Nexus One and despite a mighty effort to get it returned, it has not. I am keeping the sim and phone ...

Thread: restoring apps and data from my lost nexus One to my new one

restoring apps and data from my lost nexus One to my new one

I recently lost my Nexus One and despite a mighty effort to get it returned, it has not. I am keeping the sim and phone number live in the old one in case it turns up. How do i get the content from my old one restored to my new device?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sadly unless you did backups, then the only way you can get replacements of apps is through the marketplace.

Even if you did backups, most likely it wouldn't help since your phone + SD card was lost.

if you had MyBackUp pro, they offer the choice to backup apps to their servers. So that would be one way to restore apps.

Any apps you have purchased will be in your Google Checkout history, so restoring those won't be a problem. Any data synced with Google will be restored. But thats most likely the most you will be able to recover.

When you get your new Nexus, ALWAYS make sure to have a security program like WaveSecure which allows you to track your phone in the event it is lost/stolen. Also is able to lock/wipe the phone remotely, AND do online backups to servers.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I think when I activated the old device I asked for the backup capability, will it restore photos and videos or just apps? It seems when I turned this on, it collected some settings that I had on the old phone number, how would it know from my google email account?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links