Trackball blinking rapidly and won't stop

This is a discussion on Trackball blinking rapidly and won't stop within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; New N1 owner, have had the phone for 2 days now and am loving the switch from the iPhone. I've only have one problem. Out ...

Thread: Trackball blinking rapidly and won't stop

Trackball blinking rapidly and won't stop

New N1 owner, have had the phone for 2 days now and am loving the switch from the iPhone. I've only have one problem. Out of nowhere my phone will vibrate, the notification ringtone alerts and the trackball starts blinking rapidly white. Rapidly as in 5 times consecutively with a second or so. The only way to make it stop blinking is to turn off the phone and back on. I only have installed a couple of apps, Extreme call blocker and handcent. I have checked every setting in the "settings" menu and even turned off the pulse notification light, but it still comes back eventually. Anybody experience this or have any idea on where to start to look for a resolution or cause?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You have to check all of your apps and see what is the app that is causing it to flash like that.

In Handcent, there is a option to control the speed of the trackball flash. Its set default on 1000 ms on, and 1000 ms off. If you tweak these speeds, then it won't flash as quickly.

Also, pulling down the notification bar, then pressing CLEAR should stop any trackball flashing.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    You have to check all of your apps and see what is the app that is causing it to flash like that.

In Handcent, there is a option to control the speed of the trackball flash. Its set default on 1000 ms on, and 1000 ms off. If you tweak these speeds, then it won't flash as quickly.

Also, pulling down the notification bar, then pressing CLEAR should stop any trackball flashing.
    I've checked every app and can't find what is causing it. The trackball does blink when I get a new message in Handcent, but it only blinks once every 5 seconds or so. And it will stop blinking when I clear the notification.

I have pulled down the notification bar and cleared all notifications, but it does not make the trackball stop blinking rapidly when it occurs.

I have downloaded Taskkiller free and killed each task and the trackball still blinked. The only thing that stops it is if I turn the phone off. I'm not sure what I should do? Does google/HTC have a tech support line?

3xL
    ur phone is prolly horny lol

nah you know whats REALYL good? AUTO task killer. i have and makes my phone work so much smoother...

as for the blinking light? try task killer and it will tell you whats running

... I'm not sure what I should do? Does google/HTC have a tech support line?[/QUOTE]

If you need to contact HTC, details below...

HTC ? Support ? Customer Service ? Support via Hotline

Thanks for all the help. It turns out the problem is with Extreme Call Blocker. The N1 thinks thinks the blocked call never ended so the ball keeps flashing. The only way to get it to stop is to make an outgoing call or restart the phone.

I'll bet you're happy you discovered that! What an odd problem ... it had me stumped.

Wow.it seems obvious now that you say what it was, but definitely a first
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links