Signal Strength/Dock Issues-AT&T

This is a discussion on Signal Strength/Dock Issues-AT&T within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Had my N1 a week now and love it. I bought it direct as I was afraid AT&T would add tons of crapware and cripple ...

Thread: Signal Strength/Dock Issues-AT&T

Signal Strength/Dock Issues-AT&T

Had my N1 a week now and love it. I bought it direct as I was afraid AT&T would add tons of crapware and cripple features as they have with other phones. I read about the antenna placement and the problems it creates while holding the phone and I definitely notice the signal strength drop off when it's in my hand. My phone spends most of the time on my desk in my home office which, naturally, has the worst reception in the house. I get a lot of dropped calls and see zero signal holding the phone at times. However, I do see the signal strength shoot straight to the top as soon as I place it in the dock. Does the dock somehow increase reception? I don't suppose there's any legitimate way to improve the reception on this phone is there?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've read the posts complaining of weaker signal while holding the headset in the hand, but I've never experienced that. I've tried to duplicate it, but I can't see any difference at all.

I think it's all about the provider's coverage strength. AT&T really sucked where I'm at in San Diego. I had them with various phones for about 8 years: dropped calls, bad reception, etc but the reason I eventually canceled was their atrocious customer service. These people were clueless.

I know T-Mobile is reported to have poor coverage in New Jersey, but in San Diego it is by far better than AT&T. With T-Mobile I always have full bar 3G indoors or out. Videos download within 20-30 seconds, webpages load almost instantly.

Ya mean those signal amplifying stickers don't work?...Ha

BTW...no complaints about reception in general. Just in my home office...welcome to my life.

Thats strange. I was just going to bed and when I kept my nexus one on the dock, I saw the same boost in signal strength. Then I tried it again and again. When I am holding the phone, the signal becomes low and when I put it on dock, it immediately shoots up. I just came to my computer to open a thread regarding this, and on searching I found yours.

I am also using AT&T Nexus One and I have Cyanogenmod installed.

I have the same problem with a low signal at my home office.

I may have to buy the ATT MicroCell for $250.

AT&T 3G MicroCell

Has anyone tried these?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links