N1 changing my custom ringtones

This is a discussion on N1 changing my custom ringtones within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I've had my N1 for about a week now and I absolutely love it. That said, there are a few things that keep bugging ...

Thread: N1 changing my custom ringtones

N1 changing my custom ringtones

So I've had my N1 for about a week now and I absolutely love it. That said, there are a few things that keep bugging me. One of them is the N1 constantly messing up/changing my custom-set ringtones for people in my phonebook. I made the necessary folders for ringtones and then set the ones I wanted but I've noticed that as more and more people start calling me (since I've had the N1), the ringtones have been changing on me. It will ring and I'll have no idea where that ringtone came from as I never set it to anybody and it's not even in the ringtones folder on my sd card!

How is this happening? Is it an app that I installed thats messing things up? Does it have something to do with how many times I've mounted/unmounted my sd card? (that shouldn't matter)

Whats the point of being able to set custom ringtones for certain people if the phone doesn't keep them?

Anyone else have this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I used to have this problem. I uninstalled the "MissedCalls" app and haven't run into it since.

I do still have a problem where occasionally my phone will ring before it realizes who it is - so I'll see the phone number but not the name or contact photo. This means my phone occasionally rings for someone I've said to go straight to voicemail.

I suspect it's due to the size of my contact list or that I've integrated my facebook contacts also.

I don't have the missedcalls app so that can't be the cause. I don't have a very big address book (160ish) either. Never seen it answer before it realizes who it is so maybe its facebook? Wish I could fix this very annoying problem! Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Nelagster View Post
    So I've had my N1 for about a week now and I absolutely love it. That said, there are a few things that keep bugging me. One of them is the N1 constantly messing up/changing my custom-set ringtones for people in my phonebook. I made the necessary folders for ringtones and then set the ones I wanted but I've noticed that as more and more people start calling me (since I've had the N1), the ringtones have been changing on me. It will ring and I'll have no idea where that ringtone came from as I never set it to anybody and it's not even in the ringtones folder on my sd card!

How is this happening? Is it an app that I installed thats messing things up? Does it have something to do with how many times I've mounted/unmounted my sd card? (that shouldn't matter)

Whats the point of being able to set custom ringtones for certain people if the phone doesn't keep them?

Anyone else have this problem?
    Yup, Same problem, My ringtones will change without doing anything in settings or individual contact settings. It will even change to a ringtone I don't have.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links