[Boot Animation] Tryed one just for fun...

This is a discussion on [Boot Animation] Tryed one just for fun... within the Nexus One Themes forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by kc.rkitek So, after wading through pages of stuff over @ XDA, I thought I'd read up on creating boot animations. In concept, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Boot Animation] Tryed one just for fun...

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    So, after wading through pages of stuff over @ XDA, I thought I'd read up on creating boot animations. In concept, it seemed really pretty easy, so I made a humble (more like feeble) attempt to make my own.

Yeah, it seemed easy enough...but in practice, it's pretty damn time consuming. Here's what I ended up with after a few hours of mind-numbing image manipulation:

Mind you, I made the sequence into a dithered animated gif and resized a bit for web display, so the quality isn't quite as good as it is on the phone...you get the idea though. The first part (up until it turns cyan) cycles only once, then the last part (pulsating with the CM text) repeats endlessly until the phone finishes booting.

Anyway, I started with a little android guy I modeled in Sketchup and exported a handful of png's. Since I'm not very versed in creating animations, I then imported them all into PS as layers and tweaked the transparency each frame in the sequence. I'm sure there's a faster and easier way to accomplish this, but it's not really in my skill set...

Please share your comments/criticism...
    Well, i really like it...BUT

Noone could beat my Bios-oldskool-Boot animation so far
    :rofl3:

Great work! When creating a boot animation is there a way to make a sound file play anytime during the animation?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links