a nice theme

This is a discussion on a nice theme within the Nexus One Themes forums, part of the Nexus One category; Kspec works Gravy for me Every Time...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: a nice theme

  1. #11
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Kspec works Gravy for me Every Time
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  2. #12
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    349
    right i think i have the problem in mind, when i where told to wipe it was to clear the old ROM out so that the new ROM had a clear space to imprint, if you skipped the wiping you have left traces that may be messing with the theme.

    if you have the Ra recovery and the new ROM at hand i suggest backing up and then wiping the ROM (starting again) and installing again. i would suggest Astro file manager to back up all apps to the sd card and Lookout security for the messages and so on.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3


    NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

  3. #13
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    right i think i have the problem in mind, when i where told to wipe it was to clear the old ROM out so that the new ROM had a clear space to imprint, if you skipped the wiping you have left traces that may be messing with the theme.

    if you have the Ra recovery and the new ROM at hand i suggest backing up and then wiping the ROM (starting again) and installing again. i would suggest Astro file manager to back up all apps to the sd card and Lookout security for the messages and so on.
    will go through what you have said just now
    backed up -done
    wipe-?? there is 6 options lol is it data/factory reset ?cache?dalvik-cache?sd?battery?rotate?
    i have not wiped anything at all so that might be my problem

  4. #14
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    349
    right you go for the top option which is like that factory reset
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3


    NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

  5. #15
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    right you go for the top option which is like that factory reset
    data wipe -done,now flash zip from file ?

  6. #16
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    349
    yes sir, then after you have flashed the new ROM immediately do a Nandroid backup before anything else
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3


    NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

  7. #17
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981
    think i may have it the google cross at start was just one colour(blue)and i now have stuff like dev tools,sim toolkit,spare parts,terminal emulator but i have no market?is this normal and will i get it if i back-up then install the kspec lite?sorry for all these questions lol

  8. #18
    Senior Member Nobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    349
    right sorry i should have checked that you had the google apps package, now that you have flashed a new ROM you will need to add the old apps that came with the phone.

    gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip

    that will take you to a download page, download that package and flash it the same way you flashed the new ROM and you will be up to date with the google apps, then after installing that install the Kspec theme the same way and you should be sorted
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3


    NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

  9. #19
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    right sorry i should have checked that you had the google apps package, now that you have flashed a new ROM you will need to add the old apps that came with the phone.

    gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip

    that will take you to a download page, download that package and flash it the same way you flashed the new ROM and you will be up to date with the google apps, then after installing that install the Kspec theme the same way and you should be sorted
    will let you know as soon as

  10. #20
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981
    turned phone off but it wont let me get into fastboot or even turn on ???not even charging now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum