Dumb question

This is a discussion on Dumb question within the Nexus One Themes forums, part of the Nexus One category; If I have wallpapers that already are the right dimensions and I copy them to my nexus, what folder do I copy them to? When ...

Thread: Dumb question

Dumb question

If I have wallpapers that already are the right dimensions and I copy them to my nexus, what folder do I copy them to? When I make the gallery photos and try to set them as wallpaper, it makes me crop them!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have wondered why it makes you crop them too.
    I have my pictures for wallpaper in a folder that is named backgrounds.
    I believe that the gallery will find all pictures on your SD card.

Your best bet is just to make a folder on the root of your sd card called Wallpapers or whatever you wish to call it.

Put the pictures in there.... Also its wise to resize your images to 960x800 then when you do have to crop them they will be perfect to fill up all your screens.

One of my favorite apps on the market, and its free, is called Photo Gallery Live Wallpapers. I downloaded that app, put my wallpapers folder on the root of the sd card. Then select live wallpapers from the phone and select photo gallery live, go into settings and enable double click and select your wallpapers folder as the directory. Now you have all your wallpapers show up on your desktop and you can just double click the screen with your finger to go to the next one... you can also configure how often you want the images to change.

Also, for anyone who wants to hide images from the phones gallery or to keep one folder full of images from prying eyes do the following...

plug in your phone to your pc and take note of the drive its using. For windows 7 its as easy as navigating to the folder on sd card you want to hide and press **** and right click and select 'open a command prompt here' Then type the following: copy con .nomedia then hit enter and then click control then z and then hit enter again. This will create a file on that folder telling the gallery to skip its contents...

Hope that helps

**EDIT: I believe that trick also works for the music player as well in case you need to hide ringtones or podcasts or any other audio files

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links