Difference between stock wallpapers and made from gallery

This is a discussion on Difference between stock wallpapers and made from gallery within the Nexus One Themes forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, I've noticed that stock wallpapers (static, not live) that are in the section "wallpapers" are much more crisp and sharp than the ones ...

Thread: Difference between stock wallpapers and made from gallery

Difference between stock wallpapers and made from gallery

Hi guys,

I've noticed that stock wallpapers (static, not live) that are in the section "wallpapers" are much more crisp and sharp than the ones taken from my gallery and cropped with the built-in tool. It seems that when cropping, nexus 1 drastically decreases quality of the original image. I've tried that with really big images. So I have the following questions:

- what's the difference between the built-in wallpapers and the ones that are made when you pick a file from your gallery?
    - why gallery wallpapers aren't stored in wallpaper section?
    - where the stock wallpapers are stored and in what format?

I'm thinking to try resizing the images on my PC to exact needed size (960x800 as far as I know) and try to pick them from the gallery, maybe it won't ask to crop and therefore will not spoil the image.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I create 'em in photoshop... I open a 960x800 document with 125 dpi resolution, place my stuff then save it as a .jpg to high quality and looks awesome Very simple. (but the images your using must be high resolution at start)

If you take a lower resolution pic and stretch it to fit your size, it'll look crappy.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links