Developing Active Wallpapers / Active Backgrounds?

This is a discussion on Developing Active Wallpapers / Active Backgrounds? within the Nexus One Themes forums, part of the Nexus One category; Does anyone have any details on what is necessary to develop your own "active wallpapers" for the Nexus One?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Developing Active Wallpapers / Active Backgrounds?

Admin

Developing Active Wallpapers / Active Backgrounds?

Does anyone have any details on what is necessary to develop your own "active wallpapers" for the Nexus One?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

I think that there is going to be developers going crazy for creating a market just for the live wallpapers. I putting my money that we will see a new market specifically just for live walllpapers. It owuld be amazing to creat your own live wallpapers. I thinking off ones that would be like the Hot chich windo washer for the iphone but ten times better.

Admin
    I agree and I've yet to see a peep for the developers on how to create them... it's a bit sad.

Quote Originally Posted by N1Sickness View Post
    I think that there is going to be developers going crazy for creating a market just for the live wallpapers. I putting my money that we will see a new market specifically just for live walllpapers. It owuld be amazing to creat your own live wallpapers. I thinking off ones that would be like the Hot chich windo washer for the iphone but ten times better.
    Absolutely, as a developer I can see this turning into a small industry for some just like how themes did on BlackBerry.

Quote Originally Posted by jhw1701 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1Sickness View Post
    Absolutely, as a developer I can see this turning into a small industry for some just like how themes did on BlackBerry.
    Yes exaclty what I was saying. So as developer can you give us any insider info on how to actually create or any one as well as your self that will be starting to make these. And when do you think we will start seeing any of these or an actuall apps or a live wallpaper store?

Guy
    I was able to find this Google to offer SDK for Android live wallpapers – Android and Me

Apparently they are going to release an SDK, I can't wait. It will be awesome to see the type of wallpapers that people come up with.

Hopefully some people can create some cool live wallpapers. Either it will be a big hit at the developers or it will just flop.

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hopefully some people can create some cool live wallpapers. Either it will be a big hit at the developers or it will just flop.
    I know as a developer that I am really looking forward to this feature. I already have so many great ideas in my head.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

Guy
    Google released the 2.1 sdk which includes the Live Wallpapers.... I can't wait to see what I can make with this
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links