How to move image file from computer?

This is a discussion on How to move image file from computer? within the Nexus One Themes forums, part of the Nexus One category; What's the procedure to move a .jpg from a Windows computer to the N1? Do I have to mount/unmount the SD card? When I tried ...

Thread: How to move image file from computer?

How to move image file from computer?

What's the procedure to move a .jpg from a Windows computer to the N1?

Do I have to mount/unmount the SD card? When I tried I lost my contacts and the file didn't show up.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post

Do I have to mount/unmount the SD card? When I tried I lost my contacts and the file didn't show up.
    • Connect your Nexus One to the computer with the USB cable
    • USB Connected will appear in the Notifacation area, click that and then click Mount in the pop up
    • Your phone will have a new drive letter assigned to it once Windows detects and identifies the device; go to Computer and open up that drive in Explorer
    • Photos taken with the phone will be in x:\DCIM\camera -- to put images ON the phone for view from the Gallery, create a new folder called Downloads at the root level
    • Before disconnecting the phone, go back to the Notifications area, click USB Connected and select Turn Off USB Storage

Done - Thank you

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    You're welcome dude :D

Select all

How to select all contacts from phone book N1?

Quote Originally Posted by JayMcC820 View Post

• USB Connected will appear in the Notifacation area, click that and then click Mount in the pop up
    • Your phone will have a new drive letter assigned to it once Windows detects and identifies the device; go to Computer and open up that drive in Explorer
    • Photos taken with the phone will be in x:\DCIM\camera -- to put images ON the phone for view from the Gallery, create a new folder called Downloads at the root level
    • Before disconnecting the phone, go back to the Notifications area, click USB Connected and select Turn Off USB Storage
    i tried connecting my N1 to my Lenovo laptop using the USB cable google provided. No notification popped up in the Notification area. i've tried all the USB ports on my laptop. Same result.... My OS is Windows 7 64 bit. Any help is appreciated.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by N12010 View Post

i tried connecting my N1 to my Lenovo laptop using the USB cable google provided. No notification popped up in the Notification area. i've tried all the USB ports on my laptop. Same result.... My OS is Windows 7 64 bit. Any help is appreciated.. Thanks!
    Try the link below, to see if there's any help there...

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-7-64-bit.html
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N12010 View Post

Try the link below, to see if there's any help there...

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-7-64-bit.html

ive managed to access the SD card from my laptop by going to home>settings>applications>development> and checking USB debugging. got the solution from some random page i googled.
    further, to auto mount the SD card after connecting the phone to one's computer, there's an app called 'auto mount your SD' in the marketplace.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links