issue with contacts

This is a discussion on issue with contacts within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so when i go into my contacts, everything looks normal and details are listed once, but when i go to edit a contact, it shows ...

Thread: issue with contacts

issue with contacts

so when i go into my contacts, everything looks normal and details are listed once, but when i go to edit a contact, it shows the phone number and email 3 separate times. does anyone else have this or know why this is happening? i have my contacts synced with google contacts, and it says google contact 3 times for each contact

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have the same problem as above. And the sync with facebook also forced the contact to display only one family name and one last name (incomplete name most of the time).

bump.............

are you using any app that syncs contacts/calendar/etc with outlook? I did this once and for some reason, on every sync, google would create a duplicate entry for each contact. by the time I figured out what was happening, I had about 30 or more seperate entries for each contact! Look at your contacts through gmail on your computer browser to make sure this is not happening...you can use the "Find Duplicates" feature when you're there to merge like contacts. It's a button on the right column...see below.

thanks kc.rkitek! no, i wasnt using outlook. it mustve been when i synced my sim more than once. on google contacts it only shows up once, it was only when i went to find duplicates is that i saw that they were listed 3 times. i merged and the problem disappeared.

for the rest of the people who read and knew the answer and didnt respond, thanks for nothing. useless

I've actually had this contact glitch happen more than once, so I have limited faith in the Google "cloud" being fail-safe. I just don't like that it's the only place my contacts are stored.

So, occasionally I use the "export" feature in gmail (top-right in the image i posted) to keep a backup of all my contacts on my computer just for fun; Google CSV format should be fine. That's saved my butt more than once...I'd strongly recommend it! The only down side is that it doesn't grab your contact pictures if you have any...still better than nothing!

I had same Fricken Problem.

I totally agree. They do not have enough fields. I'm trying to keep every thing sync'd on my Mac it has been a night mare. Duplicates then deleted contacts. then I can't get the phone to sync when I WANT TO.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links