Questions about N1 compared to BlackBerry or iPhone

This is a discussion on Questions about N1 compared to BlackBerry or iPhone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Bishop6 Originally Posted by irontekd Is music managed using special software? Or can you simply copy MP3's to and from the phone? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about N1 compared to BlackBerry or iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irontekd View Post
    Is music managed using special software? Or can you simply copy MP3's to and from the phone?
    No special software required...

All MP3's, photos etc. are copied directly onto your SDcard within the Nexus.
    When the N1 is plugged into a computer, can both the phone and the PC access the memory card? Or is it like the BlackBerry where the PC takes precedence?

Is it possible to encrypt the contents of the memory card like BlackBerrys can?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Is music managed using special software? Or can you simply copy MP3's to and from the phone?
    No special software required...

All MP3's, photos etc. are copied directly onto your SDcard within the Nexus.
    When the N1 is plugged into a computer, can both the phone and the PC access the memory card? Or is it like the BlackBerry where the PC takes precedence?

Is it possible to encrypt the contents of the memory card like BlackBerrys can?
    no and there are apps to lock and hide stuff on the sd card including apps
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Question

How do the AT&T and T-Mobile N1's handle storing data on the SIM card? I haven't had a phone with a SIM in a long time. But I remember that some phones could store a simple address book on the SIM. Does that still exist? I have a friend with an iPhone and it doesn't appear that you can do that on the iPhone. How does the N1 handle that?

How do the AT&T and T-Mobile N1's handle storing data on the SIM card? I haven't had a phone with a SIM in a long time. But I remember that some phones could store a simple address book on the SIM. Does that still exist? I have a friend with an iPhone and it doesn't appear that you can do that on the iPhone. How does the N1 handle that?
    yes. i told my G1 to sync all my contacts on the sim card. Popped it in the N1 and I was good to go. I switched Google accounts from phone to phone otherwise my google account would have synced my contacts.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links