Poor Battery issue?

This is a discussion on Poor Battery issue? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey all, Ok so I've had my N1 for a few days now and I gotta say, the battery totally sucks. It won't even last ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Battery issue?

Poor Battery issue?

Hey all,

Ok so I've had my N1 for a few days now and I gotta say, the battery totally sucks. It won't even last me 4 hours throughout the day...

I bought setcpu and power manager and those don't seem to help.

I turned off gps and my brightness is at 50-60% all the time.

I don't use live wallpapers anymore, as much as I'd love to.

This is a total dealbreaker as HTC can't ship any accessories to Canada.

Does anyone have any tips on preserving battery life?

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow. 4 hours is laaame. Sumn is wrong with your phone. I get waaay more than that & I always have my wifi, 3g and live wallpapers on.

Get in contact with HTC and try get them tor replace your device.

How is your reception. If you are in poor reception area, the phone uses up a lot of power searching for a stronger signal.

Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    How is your reception. If you are in poor reception area, the phone uses up a lot of power searching for a stronger signal.
    Would you care to eleborate? Could this maybe be fixed by changeing the cell signal type or smth?
    I'm also having issues with my cell radio gobbling up my battery:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...imization.html

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    Would you care to eleborate? Could this maybe be fixed by changeing the cell signal type or smth?
    I'm also having issues with my cell radio gobbling up my battery:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...imization.html
    Hum.. I'm not sure how much more I can elaborate.. but if your phone is picking up a weak signal, it will search for more networks to get a stronger signal.. if you are in a weak signal area for a long time, it will be constantly searching, which consumes a lot of power.. the constant seeking of radio signal..

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    Hey all,

Ok so I've had my N1 for a few days now and I gotta say, the battery totally sucks. It won't even last me 4 hours throughout the day...

Thanks.
    Hi arkane, 4 hours is very much n the low side. We got our phones around the same time and with very heavy ussage mine can go all day and need an overnight charge.

If you check the seidio forum there are posts for larger capacity batteries (don't know technical term)
    . Also as a PP said perhaps You have a defective device that you should exchange just to be safe.

Are you keeping track of the apps that run in background? Or have you set certain apps to do frequent backups or syncs?

If you aren't doing a lot with the phone and the battery just drains its probably from bad coverage like everyone said. If you have only 2g the phone will try to locate stronger signal which will DRAIN your battery if you are constantly in a lowcoverage/deadzone.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

It's possible you received a bad battery. While they do say that it takes a few charges to see the full potential of the battery, I'm sure with only 4 hours of use you have recharged it several times by now. Google sells OEM batteries for $25, so maybe you can get one and see if it lasts longer. I've read at least one post where someone received a completely dead battery in the new phone, which HTC replaced for them.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    If you have only 2g the phone will try to locate stronger signal which will DRAIN your battery if you are constantly in a lowcoverage/deadzone.
    Are you sure about this? Becuase I've read alot of conflicting things about this..
    I also find it pretty strange because in the mobile networks settings you have the option to only use 2G networks, subtexted "Saves battery". Is google that wrong about it's own phone?

The radio does seem a power hog to me so I'd really like to get my facts straight on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    Hey all,

Thanks.
    You can get a app called taskill which can kill any active apps running in the background at any given time. This will help your battery life by about 20-30% I use it and it really works great. The app is free at Android Market. Hope this helps..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links