Diff. between t-mobile data plans

This is a discussion on Diff. between t-mobile data plans within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; What is the difference other than price of the 2 data plans offered by t-mobile? T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web $25/month Unlimited Web for phones $10/month ...

Thread: Diff. between t-mobile data plans

Question Diff. between t-mobile data plans

What is the difference other than price of the 2 data plans offered by t-mobile?

T-Mobile Smartphone Unlimited Web $25/month

Unlimited Web for phones $10/month

I was told the $10 plan was not 3G, can anyone confirm this?I have the unlocked version and would obviously like to use the $10 plan if it is 3G.
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    What is the difference other than price of the 2 data plans offered by t-mobile?

I was told the $10 plan was not 3G, can anyone confirm this?I have the unlocked version and would obviously like to use the $10 plan if it is 3G.
    Thanks
    I don't think the 10 dollar plan will work on the phone, it may be for "dumb" phones only. You can try it out though, see if it works, as long as it doesn't put you into contract, and make sure to report back!

Quote Originally Posted by ksc6000 View Post

Thanks
    I don't think the 10 dollar plan will work on the phone, it may be for "dumb" phones only. You can try it out though, see if it works, as long as it doesn't put you into contract, and make sure to report back!
    The $10 plan will work on the phone and will allow 3G access, as will the $5.99 plan if you have that plan on your account from long ago (like me) or the even older $2.99 plan if you're obscenely lucky

Quote Originally Posted by hummeriah View Post
    The $10 plan will work on the phone and will allow 3G access, as will the $5.99 plan if you have that plan on your account from long ago (like me) or the even older $2.99 plan if you're obscenely lucky
    Someone on the xda forum mentioned using internet2.voicestream.com, is this something I need to tell the salesperson or a setting on my phone?

Thanks

Thanks
    just to clear this up, the $10.00 plan is a phone first plan meaning that it isn't meant for a smart phone and will eventual give you whats called an "upsell" message. when T-Mobiles system detects that you are pulling more data on the web then inteneded with a phone first device, then it will cease all internet to work properly. you will be forced to upgrade your plan to the proper one. Besides T-Mobiles internal data base that the reps use has the option to allow for Android data plan which IS different then smart phone and BB plans altogether and will be required to have a fully functional android phone.

so you are best off saving a headache later down the road by gettign the proper data plan.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

Quote Originally Posted by techieNewsMongral View Post

Thanks
    just to clear this up, the $10.00 plan is a phone first plan meaning that it isn't meant for a smart phone and will eventual give you whats called an "upsell" message. when T-Mobiles system detects that you are pulling more data on the web then inteneded with a phone first device, then it will cease all internet to work properly. you will be forced to upgrade your plan to the proper one. Besides T-Mobiles internal data base that the reps use has the option to allow for Android data plan which IS different then smart phone and BB plans altogether and will be required to have a fully functional android phone.

so you are best off saving a headache later down the road by gettign the proper data plan.
    just to clear that up, everything said above is technically correct and at anytime t-mobile could catch on to your usage and force you into a more expensive data plan. But as I stated, some people have been on even cheaper plans (for years--with heavy data usage no less) than the one you are referring to OP and have never been booted

Just so you know, I'm using the web2go $10 data plan right now. Even though I'm connected to HSDPA network, I'm still only getting about 500 Kbps. I think that might be the limit with web2go.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links