What is the best non @gmail app ?

This is a discussion on What is the best non @gmail app ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have been using my @comcast.net mail account for 10yrs, and will not be using the @gmail.com too much. What is the #1 app to ...

Thread: What is the best non @gmail app ?

What is the best non @gmail app ?

I have been using my @comcast.net mail account for 10yrs, and will not be using the @gmail.com too much. What is the #1 app to instal to get my @comcast mail as god as I did on my BlackBerry or iPhone ?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nexus One comes with an email app to use for POP3/SMTP, IMAP, and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

I certainly wouldn't say it is a great app, but it mostly gets the job done for me with my work email and my various hotmail accounts. It does seem to have a problem with my hotmail accounts where is thinks I have new mail but I actually don't. But then again, hotmail has claimed in the past to not even support POP3.

There are other apps available in the market.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post
    I have been using my @comcast.net mail account for 10yrs, and will not be using the @gmail.com too much. What is the #1 app to instal to get my @comcast mail as god as I did on my BlackBerry or iPhone ?

Thanks
    I would configure Gmail to pick up Comcast and have Gmail configured to do the "reply as" address as your Comcast account. I will be a seamless transition for you then. No one will know you're on Gmail and it keeps things simple.

But is there an email app apart from the email app already there on the Nexus 1 .. strangely it doesnt do copy / paste ... i was shocked !! i didnt want a 2G iphone when i bought the N1

hit reply and you can copy/paste out of the message that way.. it's a workaround sure, but until they fix it (and it's being fixed) it works.

you might try k9

i'm a fan. it isn't perfect, but i have to manage about half a dozen identities and haven't found another app that does a better job of it than k9.

doody

i havent tried yet since i dont have the phone, (waiting for vzw) but i have a similar situation. I have my website address email wich is me@mycompany.com, and i set up a gmail account which i then set up to retrieve the mail via pop3 and set up the gmail acct. to reply with my domain email address....works great so far, so should work just as good when i get the n1 since it is set up to work seamlessly with google

Im downloading K9 right now to give it a try and the workaround is ok for the time being .. i just hope they address this issue in future developments ...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links