Crappy Screen

This is a discussion on Crappy Screen within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just love the bright crisp clear screen. I was looking at my carriers O2 3G network in the UK and by all accounts it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crappy Screen

I just love the bright crisp clear screen.

I was looking at my carriers O2 3G network in the UK and by all accounts it has been slated as one of the worst for coverage with the least comprehensive 3G coverage of any UK network.

I'm finding it hard to fully blame the N1 for my 3G issue with such a poor O2 3G network. I'm hoping that Google/HTC fine tune any upcoming OTA firmware so it holds on to marginal signals better and not degrade so much when held at the bottom of the phone, otherwise Iíll just have to move carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Teece View Post
    I just love the bright crisp clear screen.

I was looking at my carriers O2 3G network in the UK and by all accounts it has been slated as one of the worst for coverage with the least comprehensive 3G coverage of any UK network.

I'm finding it hard to fully blame the N1 for my 3G issue with such a poor O2 3G network. I'm hoping that Google/HTC fine tune any upcoming OTA firmware so it holds on to marginal signals better and not degrade so much when held at the bottom of the phone, otherwise Iíll just have to move carrier.
    I don't know for sure but I would also suspect O2. I have been impressed with the N1's ability to get and hold 3G compared to my HTC Diamond (old admittedly) both on Orange UK.

I would suspect that most of the 3G problems have been network related although perhaps the bottom of the phone is a problem. I had this problem once - I was in a cellar and the 3G was fine although the signal was weak and holding the bottom of the phone caused a lost signal.

I have the AT&T version and live in the US where AT&T is known to have a very good signal. I haven't seen my phone drop off of "H" yet. HSDPA 24/7.

The screen on the Nexus is actually better than any of the screen displays I own TBH.

Like, I don't own any high def. LCD screens, so when I'm looking at a picture on my Nexus, I'll send it to my computer and be like: "Oh.... it looked so much brighter on my Nexus."

@NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links