Email Sync question

This is a discussion on Email Sync question within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; one step further, i was able to set up my bb, so that it retrieves mail from my domain without going through gmail, and when ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Email Sync question

one step further, i was able to set up my bb, so that it retrieves mail from my domain without going through gmail, and when i reply to that it will use my domain email address......i just dont know if the n1 will be able to set up imap or pop3 SEPARATELY from any gmail account

Quote Originally Posted by king244 View Post
    exactly what i'm saying....works just like you stated, from a pc...but when sending mail from my phone either new mail or replying it won't use the domain name, it will use @gmail

Did you click the "Reply from the same address the message was sent to" box? That controls from which account your replies show. Only my personal emails show the @gmail.

Also, when you set it up, you have the option of using the google servers or the other mail account servers. I'm just using the google servers because it was the easiest to set up, but it works fine for me.

set it so all replies were from my domain email address, using my domain servers....

Since I am forwarding my domain account to my gmail account, I didn't fool around with the N1's settings. I did my settings to separate the replies from the settings panel on my Gmail Web account. The Gmail Web account has a checkbox labeled "Reply from the same address the message was sent to" that when it is checked will automatically change the "from" field when you reply to emails.

Maybe that is the difference?

could be.....i also have my domain email forwarded to gmail and have it checked to always reply from my domain account...works fine like that until i reply from my phone...then what happens from there is when i reply from phone, it displays my company name without the '@gmail', just the company which isnt that bad, but if someone wants to they can click on the from name and see in fact it is from my @gmail account.....i will see what happens when i get the n1, if ever at this point...(vzw)
    thanks for all the info.....

Hey, I just tried what Maris suggested and he's right, it works with my Hotmail account. The trick is to have the "Reply from the same address the message was sent to" checked in Gmail (on the Gmail website).

I sent an email from me@mycompany.com to me@hotmail.com (which is fwded to my gmail). Then replied to me@mycompany.com from my Gmail account on the N1. Sure enough in mycompany email the reply came from me@hotmail.com. Brilliant!

Thx Maris!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Hey, I just tried what Maris suggested and he's right, it works with my Hotmail account. The trick is to have the "Reply from the same address the message was sent to" checked in Gmail (on the Gmail website).

I sent an email from me@mycompany.com to me@hotmail.com (which is fwded to my gmail). Then replied to me@mycompany.com from my Gmail account on the N1. Sure enough in mycompany email the reply came from me@hotmail.com. Brilliant!

Thx Maris!!!
    ok, but i need it to work the other way...i need it to display me@mycompany.com, not me@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by king244 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

Thx Maris!!!
    ok, but i need it to work the other way...i need it to display me@mycompany.com, not me@gmail.com
    That's exactly what it does. Sorry if the explaination is confusing.

no problem....
    so it definitely will disguise that it is coming from gmail and make it look as though it is sent from my domain...?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links