Received a refurb!

This is a discussion on Received a refurb! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I think somehow your micro SD got stuck in the wrong place....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Received a refurb!

I think somehow your micro SD got stuck in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwacker View Post
    Wow, I'm a bit disappointed with Google/HTC. I finally pulled the trigger last week and bought an ATT N1. Imagine my confusion when I attempted to put my SIM card in but couldn't. It was if something was blocking my SIM card. I called Google and HTC and they, too , was confused on the matter but was willing to send me a replacement.

However, the next day I took my phone to work and with the help with some co-workers, I was able to see what was blocking my SIM card. There was a microSD card jammed into that slot!!!! I was able to retrieve the SD card and viewed the files. It was somebody's MP3s!!!

So now I'm wary.....I'm hoping my replacement phone isn't a refurb!

You'd think when you plop down $500 -- you get a NEW PHONE!!!

But the fact that the SD card was "placed in the sim card slot", then ya I would think
    It's refurb or it could have been a careless move by an employee during manufacturing?

there was a guy who had that problem and sent the phone back to google/htc... he put the sd card on the sim slot....

maybe u got that same phone xDDD

The SD slot and sim card slot are right next to each other and look similar, if it was your job to plop those in I could see that accidentally happening.
    OTOH it is less likely for that to happen on a refurb phone.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by njneer View Post
    Are you sure they were someones mp3's? The microsd card ships with some default files on it, mp3, images, etc. I believe its there for you to test out the gallery and music player.

The mp3's you saw may be those, what were they?

I received music on my SD card too that came with the phone, so I don't think your phone was refurbished. I think they all came like that, samples.
    Ok, I thought of that too......but then why in the heck did they cram into the SIM slot!! The more I think about it...yeah, I forgot the phone came with a SD.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by njneer View Post
    Are you sure they were someones mp3's? The microsd card ships with some default files on it, mp3, images, etc. I believe its there for you to test out the gallery and music player.

The mp3's you saw may be those, what were they?

I received music on my SD card too that came with the phone, so I don't think your phone was refurbished. I think they all came like that, samples.
    Ok, I thought of that too......but then why in the heck did they cram into the SIM slot!! The more I think about it...yeah, I forgot the phone came with a SD.
    can you name some songs that are in the card? There are 13 songs that came with my card. Here are some of them:

17 Candle - Follow Me Down
    Ali Spagnola - Radiation

I don't buy this. I'm thinking you weren't really sure about where the SIM goes and thought it was someone else's SD card because of the factory loaded music on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    I don't buy this. I'm thinking you weren't really sure about where the SIM goes and thought it was someone else's SD card because of the factory loaded music on it.
    Ok. I've realized that the SD does have sample mp3s. However, to my defense, if it wasn't for my coworkers able to pull out the SD card from teh SIM slot, I'd still be screwed for the SD card was in the SIM slot and I was unable to insert my SIM card. So someone at the factory inserted the SD card incorrectly into the SIM slot.

I was able to retrieve the SD card and viewed the files. It was somebody's MP3s!!!!
    By the way, I think just about every SD card with the phone comes with music, mine did, but, that might not be the case for you... Anyway, good luck with contacting Google/HTC, I hope you get a new phone, not another refurb

EDIT: Didn't read post above, silly me...
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links