Received a refurb!

This is a discussion on Received a refurb! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Wow, I'm a bit disappointed with Google/HTC. I finally pulled the trigger last week and bought an ATT N1. Imagine my confusion when I attempted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Received a refurb!

Received a refurb!

Wow, I'm a bit disappointed with Google/HTC. I finally pulled the trigger last week and bought an ATT N1. Imagine my confusion when I attempted to put my SIM card in but couldn't. It was if something was blocking my SIM card. I called Google and HTC and they, too , was confused on the matter but was willing to send me a replacement.

However, the next day I took my phone to work and with the help with some co-workers, I was able to see what was blocking my SIM card. There was a microSD card jammed into that slot!!!! I was able to retrieve the SD card and viewed the files. It was somebody's MP3s!!!

So now I'm wary.....I'm hoping my replacement phone isn't a refurb!

You'd think when you plop down $500 -- you get a NEW PHONE!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you contacted Google?

JimMariner
    I'd be on their Case BIG TIME, You PAID for a NEW PHONE, not a refurb !!!
    If they want to give you a refurb, they should at least discount it to you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Have you contacted Google?
    Yes. I called them when I was unable to insert my SIM card. That's when they were puzzled on the issue and was going to send a replacement phone. But haven't called them back once I was able to retrieve the used SD Card. They're sending me a replacement so I'll just use that "new" phone and send the refurb back.

Quote Originally Posted by JimMariner View Post
    I'd be on their Case BIG TIME, You PAID for a NEW PHONE, not a refurb !!!
    If they want to give you a refurb, they should at least discount it to you !!
    I agree -- but not sure what they would do. I was really bummed but able to use the phone now.

WOW .... I would be really upset if that happened to me. I would ask for some kind of compensation? blows my mind.

im really worried cos if i buy the phone and something happens with it, i cant do anything cos the shipping its damn expensive from chile to US i wouldnt know what to do... im really thinking on not buying it :S

Are you sure they were someones mp3's? The microsd card ships with some default files on it, mp3, images, etc. I believe its there for you to test out the gallery and music player.

The mp3's you saw may be those, what were they?

What is the capacity of the micro sd card, when I reviewed my it came with a 4 GB card.

Quote Originally Posted by njneer View Post
    Are you sure they were someones mp3's? The microsd card ships with some default files on it, mp3, images, etc. I believe its there for you to test out the gallery and music player.

The mp3's you saw may be those, what were they?

I received music on my SD card too that came with the phone, so I don't think your phone was refurbished. I think they all came like that, samples.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links