Innocase II Surface & Google N1 Dock?

This is a discussion on Innocase II Surface & Google N1 Dock? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is the Innocase II Surface designed so that the bottom piece can be removed daily to place in a the OEM charging dock? Thanks...

Thread: Innocase II Surface & Google N1 Dock?

Innocase II Surface & Google N1 Dock?

Is the Innocase II Surface designed so that the bottom piece can be removed daily to place in a the OEM charging dock?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Bump. I would also like to know as I have the Innocase II surface and would love to get the dock but it will be a real pain if I have to remove the entire case every time.

You have to remove the entire case, not just the bottom. I have both the dock and the case. I always hard time removing the case, i feel like i'm going to break the phone trying to get it off, so I don't even use it any more.
    Hope that helps.

Thanks for the heads up. But yeah that sux Removing and reinstalling the Seido innocase always screws with the screen protector. I am probably going to look for another case so i can get the dock and car dock. Something that will be easy to take on and off. I am waiting to hear back on a gelicase so maybe that will be the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    You have to remove the entire case, not just the bottom. I have both the dock and the case. I always hard time removing the case, i feel like i'm going to break the phone trying to get it off, so I don't even use it any more.
    Hope that helps.
    I disagree on two points.

1) You can actually fit the N1 to the desktop dock with only the bottom of the innocase II removed. However the caveat is that it is more prone to fall out of the dock and you have to make sure it is in fact making contact and charging when placing it in the cradle. I am looking at my N1 right now and it is in the desktop dock with only the top of the innocase II fitted. But to be honest it takes literrlay a second longer to take the top off as well so usually i put it in naked.

2) The reason you guys are having a hard time removing the case is bad technique. If you do it in the correct manner which imo the manual does not really explain, it is SO EASY to take on and off.

Have a look at your innocase II, when it is off the phone. Notice that on the bottom half there is a catch in the center of the lip that slides beneath the top half. This is what keeps it closed. You need to disengage this clip to readily slide the bottom off the phone.
    So to remove the innocase II, hold the phone horizontally in in your left hand with screen facing away from you. (This will orientate top of case to left and smaller bottom to the right). With left thumb and forefinger squeeze the two sides of the innocase II TOP, just to the left of the join. This bulges the case in the center away from the catch. At the same time, place your right hand on other half (BOTTOM) of case with thumb and 2nd finger on edges and press the center of case just to the right of the join to release the catch AND pull the to the right. Bottom will come slide right off with minimal force required. Probably should try post a video as it would be easier to envisage.

Until I worked this technique out it seemed damned hard to remove. But done correctly it is really easy to remove. Try it.

I have both car and desk docks and the innocase II. I am always swapping it between the three with no probs.

Quote Originally Posted by carlsbl View Post
    Is the Innocase II Surface designed so that the bottom piece can be removed daily to place in a the OEM charging dock?

Thanks
    go here,i have one of these and it slips on and off with no problem,i have the car dock... takes a few seconds to take off and put back on Nexus One Gelli Cases, Google Phone Cases by Case-mate

Here is a quick video I made showing how easy the Innocase II is to use. Shows three things.

1) N1 CAN be fitted to Desk Dock with top part of Inocase in place. Notice at very start of movie note, N1 charge inidicator shows it is on charge from cradle.
    2) How to hold it and proper technique to take it off phone with minimal fuss. As you will see it takes 2 seconds to fit or remove it.
    3) Music is streaming from N1 to Dock via BT through out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7ohFXyWfTE]YouTube - Innocase II Surface Google Nexus[/ame]

Note: When removing at 13sec & 31 sec it mat not be obvious but my left had IS squeezing the edges inwards. Also right index finger is pressing downwards on center to release clip. Both of these steps are important.

Nice video. You make it look so easy. I suppose you do have to remove it entirely when using the car dock? After seeing your video, it doesn't seem that difficult, though, if it does have to be removed. I may have to look into buying one of these cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I suppose you do have to remove it entirely when using the car dock? After seeing your video, it doesn't seem that difficult....
    YES you have to remove it entirely for the car dock....and as the video shows it is not at all difficult and can be done with your eyes shut. The method shown on the Seidio instruction sheet does not work nearly as well.

Logger. I know what you are talking about removing the case but if I were to slide it back on as fast as you did it would definitely rip my screen protector up. I am just going to get the gellicase and see how that goes. Just wish google made the docks with the ability to use a case on the phone at the same time with out all the hassle. Thanks for the video though.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links