connecting to computer

This is a discussion on connecting to computer within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello I've been reading this forum and the android community forum. Try'd several searchs, but havent found much on connecting it to my computer. Is ...

Thread: connecting to computer

connecting to computer

Hello
    I've been reading this forum and the android community forum. Try'd several searchs, but havent found much on connecting it to my computer. Is there anything special that I will need to do? What im looking to do is install some movies that i'll be encodint with handbrake. Another thing is i couldn't seem to find a installed movie player on my phone.
    If you have links to places i can go to read more about how to do things on this phone please post them.

Thanks
    Sigi

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hello, you can simply connect the phone to the computer using the included USB cable. Then go to the notification panel on the phone and select mount usb and the computer will detect the memory card of your phone. When you are done, go to the task manager of your PC and select eject Nexus One. Then go back to the notification panel and choose unmount usb.

The N1 user guide is here: Nexus One user's guide - Nexus One Help

Movie player is in the gallery app of the phone. There are other movie player apps on the Android Market as well.

before you do that you have to go to settings>applications>development> and check USB debugging.

After that, you'll be able to pull down the notification bar, and touch USB connected>mount.

After that, use it just like any other drive!

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    before you do that you have to go to settings>applications>development> and check USB debugging.

After that, you'll be able to pull down the notification bar, and touch USB connected>mount.

I believe you are in error. I have never done this and my USB connection to the computer works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

I believe you are in error. I have never done this and my USB connection to the computer works just fine.

FYI...

Debugging is used for development of application and is not needed to activate; if only to read,copy, delete to and from SDcard and pc.

I am in error...d'oh!

Don't remember where I read to turn on USB debugging, but I've had it on ever since.

Thanks for the correction

I am in error...d'oh!

Don't remember where I read to turn on USB debugging, but I've had it on ever since.

Thanks for the correction
    Remember...

We are all learning!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links