BIS and the Nexus one

This is a discussion on BIS and the Nexus one within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello all, its a pleasure to join to these forums :D I currently use a Blackberry bold 9700 and I'm planning on purchasing a Nexus ...

Thread: BIS and the Nexus one

Question BIS and the Nexus one

Hello all, its a pleasure to join to these forums :D
    I currently use a Blackberry bold 9700 and I'm planning on purchasing a Nexus one unlocked with ATT specs, and I'd like to be able to switch off between both phones. So my question is will the Nexus one have a fully functional data connection since my data plan is the BIS data for blackberry? Or do I have to switch over to a normal unlimited plan? I'd like to keep the blackberry plan but be able to use full data on both phones.

Thanks for the help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No can do!!! BES AND BIS data are run thru Blackberry severs then routed to carriers from what I've been told. I came from 9700 also on T-mobile and I had to change to an Android plan, AT&T may be different but I doubt it! Good Luck!

Hmmm.. in Canada it doesn't matter. You can use BIS data plan or normal data plan interchangeably. You can just pop the sim out of the bb and put in the N1.

Not sure why the US is any different

Hmm I guess I just have to try it myself lol, unless someone here has tried it and knows for sure if it works in america

It will work fine. I came to the nexus from a blackberry 9000. I am still on the same ATT BIS blackberry data plan. I just took the sim from the 9000 and put it in the Nexus 3G and off I went. And you can switch back and forth anytime you want. I do. I'm located in the US.

Can't hurt to get it a try, but I know for a fact that on T-mobile here in Miami, FL data doesn't work with a BIS plan only voice. Again Good Luck.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links