I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

This is a discussion on I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My complaints are the screen attracts fingerprints like a magnet, buy a microfiber cloth and you'll be happy. The Facebook for Android app that comes ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

My complaints are the screen attracts fingerprints like a magnet, buy a microfiber cloth and you'll be happy. The Facebook for Android app that comes with the phone is sub-par. Download Facebook Touch instead. The original battery is ok for light use, but not for those who really need a strong player all day. I picked up the 3200 mAh battery and have plenty of battery left each day. Flash not available yet, unless you root the phone and flash a custom rom, rumored second quarter OTA may add Flash. The speaker on the back is by no means hifi, but does an sort of OK job when needed. BlueTooth needs a few extra programs to be truly useful such as Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut, and answering calls requires a few extra steps (power button press, unlock, and talk for the shortest method, and add an unlock pattern, and BlueTooth, and you will miss the call especially if you're driving. Each complaint I've worked around with and found a great solution with a lot of feedback on this forum. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    BlueTooth needs a few extra programs to be truly useful such as Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut, and answering calls requires a few extra steps (power button press, unlock, and talk for the shortest method, and add an unlock pattern, and BlueTooth, and you will miss the call especially if you're driving.
    Not sure if I follow you...whenever I get a call with or without bluetooth, I just have to slide the answer bar; the screen turns on automatically. I don't use an unlock pattern, is that something that happens with the lock enabled?

Also, I just press the answer button on my BT headset...1 step :P

LOL. I was giving the worst case scenario. I don't use an unlock pattern. For answering with the BT, It's a one touch, but the added programs helped with Voice Dialing Hands Free.

there isnt a way to answer the call w/o unlocking the phone?? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sherbwerm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post

My WIFI connection dips quite a bit while I'm on the road which makes using maps or browsing online troublesome. However, the best signal I can get in my area is the EDGE signal so everything's gonna be subpar anyway.
    Do you mean 3G signal? Or perhaps you have a really long ethernet cable and router?
    Maybe that's what I'm referring to, even though I can't get 3g in my area. My wireless signal fluctuates between EDGE and GPRS, making it hard to maintain a solid connection while traveling.
    Yeah, you're talking about your 'wireless' signal, eg. from T-Mobile. WiFi is different, like the wireless signal in your house, etc.

Anyway, yeah using EDGE from T-Mobile for anything data related is really really slow, and would take forever for things like Maps. Sucks that you don't have 3G where you are.

For me, the only complaints I have really are:

1. No real copy/paste for the Gmail app.
    2. Wifi connection is flaky(i found a way to solve that problem, but it should work right, out of the box)

But hell, these are minor complaints for me, and all of the GOOD things about the N1 really make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    BlueTooth needs a few extra programs to be truly useful such as Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut, and answering calls requires a few extra steps (power button press, unlock, and talk for the shortest method, and add an unlock pattern, and BlueTooth, and you will miss the call especially if you're driving.
    Sorry, should have stated dialing instead of answering. My bad. Also for the BT, the Button Shortcut program I use allows you to associate a specific application with a button. I associated Voice Dialer Hands Free with the search button on the screen. When make a call I hold the button for 2 seconds and VDHF pops up. This will disable the search button though for searches.

1) having to press above the back button to register.
    2) weak heptic feedback on my current device.

Everything else is great, I love the phone.

For me I would have to say the battery. It did improve quite a bit after a few charges, but since I can't put the phone down, I purchased the very reasonable $25 oem battery from Google and no more complaints.

This truly is the best phone I have ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    there isnt a way to answer the call w/o unlocking the phone?? >.<
    Sure there is, you don't have to unlock before answering

1. that I am obsessed with it

2. fear of breaking/bricking

3. fear of nexus 2 coming out next month

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links