I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

This is a discussion on I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Considering that all of you guys have a Nexus One I'm wondering In retrospect if the Incredible(with the Spects we hear it will have) was ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

Considering that all of you guys have a Nexus One I'm wondering In retrospect if the Incredible(with the Spects we hear it will have) was available at the time you bought your Nexus One would you still have bought the Nexus One! I'm leaning towards the Incredible I particular like the extra ROM(if it actually has more)!

Here's my bad points:

1) Battery life
    2) smudges on screen from touching it. Just thinking about touching the screen seems causes a smudge!
    3) Fear it will break. I've read too many horror stories about exploding/cracked screens I guess. lol. But my old Hero did feel more solid (or bulkier)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    there isnt a way to answer the call w/o unlocking the phone?? >.<
    Sure there is, you don't have to unlock before answering
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    My complaints are the screen attracts fingerprints like a magnet, buy a microfiber cloth and you'll be happy. The Facebook for Android app that comes with the phone is sub-par. Download Facebook Touch instead. The original battery is ok for light use, but not for those who really need a strong player all day. I picked up the 3200 mAh battery and have plenty of battery left each day. Flash not available yet, unless you root the phone and flash a custom rom, rumored second quarter OTA may add Flash. The speaker on the back is by no means hifi, but does an sort of OK job when needed. BlueTooth needs a few extra programs to be truly useful such as Voice Dialer HF, and Button Shortcut, and answering calls requires a few extra steps (power button press, unlock, and talk for the shortest method, and add an unlock pattern, and BlueTooth, and you will miss the call especially if you're driving. Each complaint I've worked around with and found a great solution with a lot of feedback on this forum. Hope this helps.
    that wasnt nice Johnny
    look there thats why i asked.

the alarm clock only works 50% of the time.

Junior Member benjamin__nexusone's Avatar
    The speaker. TERRIBLE.

But everything else is sublime.

Poor speaker. 3G radio needs a firmware update. My previous N1 touchscreen was bad but now my replacement is much better.

Battery life drains during Navi mode but that's understandable. I upgraded my battery to a 1600mah from Seidio so it can last about 15-20% longer than stock battery.

That's a ###king good question.
    I've had so many smart phones to know when something is bad.
    As far as the Nexus One I would have to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    1. that I am obsessed with it

2. fear of breaking/bricking

3. fear of nexus 2 coming out next month

Well, the plus side of getting it through Google is that when they do come out with a Nexus 2, buy the unlocked version, pop in your sim card and go, and sell your Nexus One as it'll still be a hot item.

Yes it's easy to get obsessed with this phone. I have to force myself (read told by my wife ) to put it away when I come home and spend quality time with the family. BTW, she wants one too when her contract expires.

The only problems Ive had so far have already been mentioned (battery, smudges, bad speaker). This phone is also highly addictive, and its hard to get work done as all I want to do is play with it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links