I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

This is a discussion on I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Mapcinq The only problems Ive had so far have already been mentioned (battery, smudges, bad speaker). This phone is also highly addictive, ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
    The only problems Ive had so far have already been mentioned (battery, smudges, bad speaker). This phone is also highly addictive, and its hard to get work done as all I want to do is play with it.
    Battery life is sort of a problem.... but honestly most smart phones are the same way now a days it's definitely not fair to fault the N1 for that issue.

Yes, there are some minor bugs with the phone occasionally. Power cycle (reboot) the phone daily. Maybe even pull the battery. It will run just fine. It's not any different than many other smartphones on the market, again not an issue you can specifically fault N1 for.

The only thing that is a realistic complaint about the phone is the speaker. Google made the rest of the phone so damn nice, I don't know how the failed so hard on such a minor detail.

Phone takes great pictures. It has great graphics. Processor is very speedy. Bluetooth dock is very cool if you plug it into a stereo. There are just so many cool features on the phone. The proximity sensor so the screen shuts off when you hold it to you rear.... so much more....

If you don't already have an Android phone you need to hurry up. Blackberry.... sorry, but they are horrible unless you just want basic productivity. IMHO, the UI is garbage. WinMO.... ewwww... just don't even bother. Palm... I haven't owned one but the Palm Pre has many known issues, not sure if Pre Plus is any better. IPhone... if you are trendy, then go for it. It's a good device, very seamless and polished. But I like Android a lot more. And they are only scratching the surface of what these phones are capable of. With the freedom of Android I think that both phones, mobile media devices and tablets will be better on the platform.

Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    The only problems Ive had so far have already been mentioned (battery, smudges, bad speaker). This phone is also highly addictive, and its hard to get work done as all I want to do is play with it.
    Battery life is sort of a problem.... but honestly most smart phones are the same way now a days it's definitely not fair to fault the N1 for that issue.

Yes, there are some minor bugs with the phone occasionally. Power cycle (reboot) the phone daily. Maybe even pull the battery. It will run just fine. It's not any different than many other smartphones on the market, again not an issue you can specifically fault N1 for.

The only thing that is a realistic complaint about the phone is the speaker. Google made the rest of the phone so damn nice, I don't know how the failed so hard on such a minor detail.

Phone takes great pictures. It has great graphics. Processor is very speedy. Bluetooth dock is very cool if you plug it into a stereo. There are just so many cool features on the phone. The proximity sensor so the screen shuts off when you hold it to you rear.... so much more...
    I'm not sure about you, but I don't hold my phone there, it just fits nicely between the cheeks

Quote Originally Posted by WarreN1Droid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post

Phone takes great pictures. It has great graphics. Processor is very speedy. Bluetooth dock is very cool if you plug it into a stereo. There are just so many cool features on the phone. The proximity sensor so the screen shuts off when you hold it to you rear.... so much more...
    I'm not sure about you, but I don't hold my phone there, it just fits nicely between the cheeks

:rofl3:

My issues
    - battery life
    - lack of accessories

Wink

The phone does everything I ask of it except for one thing...it doesn't have the superhuman ability to prevent weirdos from starting threads titled "I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One".

If N1 could just do this one last thing it would be perfect!

(JK brotha just giving you a hard time)

No problems

As a former iphone user I can say that the Nexus One is the best phone on the market right now. I have absolutely no regrets with my Nexus One purchase. No problems to report with the phone at all. The only disappointing thing, which is also a problem with all phones, is the limited memory. This limits the number of applications that can be downloaded.

Coming from the G1, the N1 has battery life that is incredible....lol
    I got a car charger, cause bluetooth streaming Pandora or radio and navigation can drain, but that is expected.
    My only issue is with bluetooth streaming which Im still trying to figure out WHAT the problem is, I can't really get a straight answer if it is the N1 or software related somehow.... if that would stream music perfect I would have 0 complaints.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I have read online that many people are complaining about the poor speaker quality on the Nexus One, and I just wanted to confirm what is meant by speaker.

Is it referring to the volume of the earpiece when you're talking on the phone in a regular manner, or listening to music with headphones, or while on speaker phone? Or all of the above?

Sorry if this is a n00b question. I am very close to making a purchase, but I hate having phones with poor volume...

Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    I have read online that many people are complaining about the poor speaker quality on the Nexus One, and I just wanted to confirm what is meant by speaker.

Is it referring to the volume of the earpiece when you're talking on the phone in a regular manner, or listening to music with headphones, or while on speaker phone? Or all of the above?

Sorry if this is a n00b question. I am very close to making a purchase, but I hate having phones with poor volume...
    It's the speaker like you would think of as the 'speakerphone'.
    External speaker in other words. It is kind of subpar, and faces the rear of the phone, which is awkward.

I'm listening to some BT headphones right now and don't have it at full volume because it's too loud, and don't normally talk on speakerphone, but the normal phone speaker is just fine.

So depending on how you use it its not as bad as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Coming from the G1, the N1 has battery life that is incredible....lol
    I got a car charger, cause bluetooth streaming Pandora or radio and navigation can drain, but that is expected.
    My only issue is with bluetooth streaming which Im still trying to figure out WHAT the problem is, I can't really get a straight answer if it is the N1 or software related somehow.... if that would stream music perfect I would have 0 complaints.
    What kind of problems are you having?

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post

It's the speaker like you would think of as the 'speakerphone'.
    External speaker in other words. It is kind of subpar, and faces the rear of the phone, which is awkward.

I'm listening to some BT headphones right now and don't have it at full volume because it's too loud, and don't normally talk on speakerphone, but the normal phone speaker is just fine.

So depending on how you use it its not as bad as it sounds.
    Ah I see, thanks for the quick response. I never really use the speaker phone anyway, so I don't care. As long as the normal phone speaker is a good volume, I'm happy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links