I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

This is a discussion on I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Had the phone a week and just thought I'd chip in with my issues: 3G does need some sort of firmware update, Auto brightness does ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I want to hear EVERYTHING bad about the Nexus One

Had the phone a week and just thought I'd chip in with my issues:

3G does need some sort of firmware update,

Auto brightness does fluctuate when in the same environment, can get annoying,

Trackball notification light, I'm not too bothered about the lack of colours...I just wish it would blink more frequently when I get an SMS. The blinks are too far apart for my liking,

Last but certainly not least, battery life is an issue.

Apart from these I absolutely love the phone...none of my issues are hardware related so I hoping they can get fixed in future updates.

Quote Originally Posted by adztaylor View Post
    3G does need some sort of firmware update
    Coming from a BlackBerry Bold 9000, I have to say there seems to be an issue with 3G on the Nexus One. I used to always have a full 3G signal at my house, now I can barely get a couple of bars in some places and keeps switching from EDGE to 3G on several occasions which might affect battery life I believe. I hope that isn't a hardware issue.

Auto brightness does fluctuate when in the same environment, can get annoying
    Yeah, that's something that annoys me too. Just moving the device slightly in the same place makes the sensor go crazy and keeps changing the brightness. I hope that can be fixed with a firmware update.

Trackball notification light, I'm not too bothered about the lack of colours...I just wish it would blink more frequently when I get an SMS. The blinks are too far apart for my liking
    It certainly would be nice to have the number of blinks and blinking speed configurable through the Settings.

Last but certainly not least, battery life is an issue.
    Again, coming from a BlackBerry Bold 9000, I could leave it for 3 days on a single charge until it starts red-blinking at me. On the Nexus One, it's way far less than that considering the screen size and processor speed. But I do hope Google can provide some performance tweaks and optimizations in their next update.

Quote Originally Posted by number 9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Coming from the G1, the N1 has battery life that is incredible....lol
    I got a car charger, cause bluetooth streaming Pandora or radio and navigation can drain, but that is expected.
    My only issue is with bluetooth streaming which Im still trying to figure out WHAT the problem is, I can't really get a straight answer if it is the N1 or software related somehow.... if that would stream music perfect I would have 0 complaints.
    What kind of problems are you having?

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...h-problem.html
    its answered as Google seems to be aware of it and hopefully fix it. My wifes mytouch does the same, tho I don't remember the G1 having this problem but not sure.... So its probably android therefore should be software related?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

The only thing I don't like about my N1 is that I love it so much that my gf is jealous...if only I could have sex with it, I wouldn't need her anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    The only thing I don't like about my N1 is that I love it so much that my gf is jealous...if only I could have sex with it, I wouldn't need her anymore!
    hahah maybe that will happen to me... the problem is that i have a new dog (my little Chiki, a shetland sheepdog) and i will have the nexus one in one week and i will have to give my love to everyone.. >.< today my GF said that with the dog i forgot that i have a GF xD

my first post here is to talk bad about my favorite phone! here goes...

the speaker phone! it's located at the back of the phone, which is the worst place to put a speaker. so many miss calls as a result of the poor speaker placement, now i rest my phone screen face down.

the speaker phone! again. talking on speaker is a pain. the other party always sounds so unclear and high pitchy it gets really annoying.

poor implementation of auto brightness. for this, they really have to look at how iphone implements the feature. currently set to manual on my phone.

the battery! i know all smartphones suffers from this, but they could have at least provided us with a 1600mh battery like what seidio did.

facebook. not exactly nexus one's fault, but facebook app on android is useless.

tethering. again, android problem. put it back in!

bluetooth. i dislike the iphone because it has a crippled bluetooth. what i never expected was, bluetooth on android is just as crippled, maybe slightly less in that you can still send/rec media files, bit not all files.

some other minor software flaws i can think of now. gallery always can't detect sdcard on first press. sometimes battery gets suck dry by android os, cell system etc.

that's all, hopefully

After rooting my phone, I can't honestly find many things that I dislike about the Nexus.

Most of the things I can say I TRULY dislike about the phone are hardware issues, similar to the things that others are saying in this thread. Almost all of the software problems can be easily fixed or altered, other than 3G issues, but that is your service provider 90% of the time rather than the phone itself.

I dislike the lack of physical keyboard. I've gotten really really good at typing without looking on the touch keyboard, but still, buttons are always nicer to type on.

Lack of physical buttons. Yes, this was part of the Nexus design to look sleeker, but I would REALLY have loved at least a CAMERA button.

Poor screen hardware choice. I consider this the Nexus's biggest downfall. Its a GREAT screen and is beautiful, but it has limitations on the multi-touch and sensitivity. This has not gotten in the way of anything i NEED the phone for, but it does create limits for games and how much the phone can do itself. Its a problem if you are looking for crazy multi-touch games or software that would use some multi-touch and graphics intensive game....

Antenna strength is another hardware problem. People have the issue with calls dropping from placement of hand. Yes, this happens with all cellphones, and yes it does happen a bit more commonly with the Nexus. But it seem like it also has to do with how good your signal strength is. I have T-Mobile, which can be REALLY good but also drop calls like crazy. To be honest, I'm used to the sub-par service and coverage, so I haven't really noticed THAT much difference.

I think you have to focus on the barebones HARDWARE problems rather than simple software and application problems and issues because software and applications can always be changed. Its the hardware issues that you are stuck with.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links