What is the best Nav for this phone ?

This is a discussion on What is the best Nav for this phone ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought CoPilot 8 and so did my Dad (he bought the Europe version, I the North America), it works awesome. Trick is to install ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the best Nav for this phone ?

I bought CoPilot 8 and so did my Dad (he bought the Europe version, I the North America), it works awesome. Trick is to install the map while making sure your phone stays on, otherwise you might get an error. I had it too, but solved it (forgot how, sorry). I highly recommend CoPilot, it is even better than my old TomTom GO 930, which I sold!

For the ones outside of the USA and without a decent dataplan, you can't go wrong.
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    I bought CoPilot 8 and so did my Dad (he bought the Europe version, I the North America), it works awesome. Trick is to install the map while making sure your phone stays on, otherwise you might get an error. I had it too, but solved it (forgot how, sorry). I highly recommend CoPilot, it is even better than my old TomTom GO 930, which I sold!

For the ones outside of the USA and without a decent dataplan, you can't go wrong.

i'm not sure how you managed to get the download to work but the download crashed every time no matter what i tried with the phone always on, never using any other apps or letting it go in sleep mode.

last time it gave me an error message on the phone after it made it 3/4 of the way while i was waiting almost 3 hours!

I tried the same thing using the PC way and it would just go blank after downloading for a while.

downloading aside, i managed to get just my city on the phone, it would work but constantly would crash if you closed then reopened the program.

I uninstalled it and i received a message that refund went through. I hope i don't get charged for the 2 times it shows purchase/refund. All i know is if an app frustrates me this much already i'm not going to go through any more hell with the software.

i'll just use google maps and forget the gps nav.

can somone tell me if on googlemaps nav you can nav purely by viewing street view?

I tried to do it in the uk but could only use street view as a snapshot.

This is what i wish google navigation has/fix on next version

When the navigation destination is not set, default map viewer is google map, which isn’t as nice as navigation view,voice search searches internet before contacts on my address book, every screen doesn’t change its orientations, does not have way to tell me how many miles i have left for my trip. It only tells me how many minutes i have left. =(
    and i wish it has speed limit display

Hi.

I'm looking for an alternative to Google Nav because I don't have a data plan, are there any apps/software which I can download (free or not) for navigation? Any suggestions?

1. CoPilot
    2. MapDroyd
    3. AndNav1 or 2
    4. ???

Thanks.

Wish GMaps had Nav and more detailed maps for my country.

That's what sucks about living on a small country that noone cares about XD.

My only hope is that a Garmin App might be on its way, since it's the only one that has a detailed map for Casta Rica

Google Nav/Maps w/ voice is absolutely the best.

-1 for google nav app cause the french translation really $**ks big time lol
    but +1 cause its such a great app otherwise

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links