Questions before trading my iPhone 3GS for a N1

This is a discussion on Questions before trading my iPhone 3GS for a N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; First off, I just took the sim card out of my iPhone 3gs 32gb and popped it into my shiny new AT&T Nexus One this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions before trading my iPhone 3GS for a N1

First off, I just took the sim card out of my iPhone 3gs 32gb and popped it into my shiny new AT&T Nexus One this afternoon. I have not regretted the decision one bit.

Things that I had to jailbreak the iPhone to do the Nexus one does out of the box or with free apps from the marketplace. The notification system is light years ahead of what we could get on the iPhone, less intrusive and more useful at the same time. Multitasking is seamlessly built into Android like I couldn't get even with backgrounder and proswitcher or kirikae. The music player works fine, it's not quite as pretty or snazzy but it plays music with no issues so I don't see what the big deal is there for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by tunisiano32 View Post

1- Music experience is bad in N1
    2- External speaker is rubbish
    3- the Touch screen is not as responsive as the Iphone
    4- I still didn't find an good app to watch my Video podcast
    5- lots of pb with the 3G
    6- the sound is so low in N1

Check the support and see all the pbs there.

Good luck, I'm selling my N1 for $500 if you are interested.
    Addressing the sound and external speaker, the N1 is actually louder than the iPhone but sounds a little tinnier. Either way I would question the hearing of anyone who things music actually sounds good through the built in speakers on either phone, headphones are the way to go. People I've talked to on the phone have also said I come through clearer with the speakerphone on the N1 than the speakerphone on the iPhone and extremely clear when I'm holding it to my head. Holding it to my head normally the other person on the line sounds much better than they did on my iPhone, the earpiece is definitely better quality.

tunisiano did you give yourself much time to get used to the screen? I haven't had any trouble with it after the first few minutes, it has been very responsive and it certainly looks better than the iPhone screen.

That has mostly been what I have been hearing about the iPhone VS N1 apps. The N1 can get things done, but the iPhone apps look better and seem to have more polish. I would assume these would get better in time... I would just like to avoid any massive deal breaker issues with the device itself.

Are there any issues with running apps off the SD card like lag(is there a min speed i should look for for in a card)? Also, has anyone found a good podcast player? I do enjoy the way my iPhone deals with podcasts and it is dead simple. How close is android in matching that work flow?

The iPhone and N1 both have BAD speakers! LOL! I have both phones beside me now, and they both sound equally bad. My Blackberry on low (speakerphone) is about the same as the N1 and iPhone on high.

Quote Originally Posted by Brann View Post
    Are there any issues with running apps off the SD card like lag(is there a min speed i should look for for in a card)? Also, has anyone found a good podcast player? I do enjoy the way my iPhone deals with podcasts and it is dead simple. How close is android in matching that work flow?
    If you plan on doing Apps2SD you should get a class 6 card to make it as smooth as possible. Its gunna cost you a pinch more (ok a little more than a pinch more).

I don't know about the Podcast thing, I'm sure there are apps available though.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Quote Originally Posted by Brann View Post
    Also, has anyone found a good podcast player? I do enjoy the way my iPhone deals with podcasts and it is dead simple. How close is android in matching that work flow?
    I think Google Listen will handle the podcasts but I haven't spent much time playing with it yet, certainly seems to fit the bill from the few minutes I did look at it.

I use Google Listen and it is a great Podcast player. You can organize all your podcasts and "subscribe" to new ones. It keeps track of new podcasts when they go online and you can choose to either have it auto downloaded over 3g or have it wait till it gets a wifi signal.

I was also worried about not having podcasts as part of the android music player; but it turns out that google listen is a much better way to listen and organize podcasts (never have to sync with itunes to get updates!)

Google Listen only does audio podcast as best i could read from their site I am pretty much only interested in video podcasts... Can anyone recommend something they have used for that?

As far as the speaker goes I never tried to listen to music with my iPhone as it just sounds like garbage over the speaker... BUT I do like to have the ability to share a video clip I am watching with someone via speaker. Honestly, with my iPhone I almost never use the head phones and barely use it for music. I'm always watching video podcasts or video clips and using the internal speaker...

Will this be a problem with the N1? (As long as I am not on a loud train )

As far as the apps on the SD card I kind of figured I could need a faster card, but if I only need class 6 that would be sweet. I'm used to buying x133 cards for my Nikon DLSR.

Thanks again for the all the input everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links