Need assistance in Email forwarding to folders

This is a discussion on Need assistance in Email forwarding to folders within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How do you get certain emails from people to be placed in their own folder as they come in? It is on an exchange email ...

Thread: Need assistance in Email forwarding to folders

Need assistance in Email forwarding to folders

How do you get certain emails from people to be placed in their own folder as they come in?

It is on an exchange email BTW.

Such as: if Bob emails me it will go to a specific folder that I want it to go to.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You need to setup the rule in Outlook on your desktop (or Outlook Web Access if you're using that instead), not on the N1. Then when Bob's email arrives on your phone, it will be in the correct folder in Outlook and on your phone.

Not sure about email notifications though. In Gmail it doesn't seem to notify me if I direct email to a specific label and bypass the general inbox. Haven't tried in Exchange yet, but I imagine it's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    You need to setup the rule in Outlook on your desktop (or Outlook Web Access if you're using that instead), not on the N1. Then when Bob's email arrives on your phone, it will be in the correct folder in Outlook and on your phone.

Not sure about email notifications though. In Gmail it doesn't seem to notify me if I direct email to a specific label and bypass the general inbox. Haven't tried in Exchange yet, but I imagine it's the same.
    Ahah! thats what I thought but wasn't too sure.. thanks for verifying this for me.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

Quote Originally Posted by TechieNewsMongral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post

Ahah! thats what I thought but wasn't too sure.. thanks for verifying this for me.
    no problem

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links