Is it selfish to not want anyone else to get the 2.1 update?

This is a discussion on Is it selfish to not want anyone else to get the 2.1 update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Dunno if anyone else feels this way too but I can't help feeling that only N1 owners should get the latest and greatest updates since ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it selfish to not want anyone else to get the 2.1 update?

Is it selfish to not want anyone else to get the 2.1 update?

Dunno if anyone else feels this way too but I can't help feeling that only N1 owners should get the latest and greatest updates since we're the ones carrying the flagship device torch...

It's like buying a Toyota Prius for $23,000 and then Toyota coming out with a hybrid kit for any car for free which seems to cheapen the N1 experience...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

once everybody else has 2.1 google will soon come out with FROYO or GINGERBREAD which only the n1 will have for a while. it's said to be a major upgrade and will come out for the nexus one in the first half of 2010 (probably around when the iphone 4g comes out)

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Dunno if anyone else feels this way too but I can't help feeling that only N1 owners should get the latest and greatest updates since we're the ones carrying the flagship device torch...

It's like buying a Toyota Prius for $23,000 and then Toyota coming out with a hybrid kit for any car for free which seems to cheapen the N1 experience...
    I feel that way too sometimes but I tell you what: we need other devices to get 2.1 and for Android overall to grow and succeed. It's the only way we keep getting more Nexus devices 2,3, etc..

If Droid owners feel slighted they may jump ship to another platform. At the end of the day we are all on the same team(android). As a platform we are all going to succeed or fail together. I cheer every android device i see launch and hope for the best for it. but yeah that little devil on my shoulder would like to watch droid owners stew.:D

Any Droid owner that cares has already rooted and is sporting 2.1 @ 1.2Ghz :D

Lol at this thread being on every nexus one message board I go to.

Having the G1 and my wife going to the Mytouch, I think the 2.1 is due to the other android users!
    The mytouch is a great bunch of android users and it is a great stab at a company really 'owning' a phone and supporting and improving on it, the 2.1 update for them will be a great step.
    That said the next update will not be long from there and will be on the N1 first for a while until others! so, after the 2.1 update I really hope they hold off the updates for a small time
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I think all phones should get it, if the hardware supports it. With all the fragmentation comparisons between android and linux, I'm sure google know better than to have 4 different OS's out there on dozens of different phones.

So yeah, is it selfish, maybe, but if you're worried about the N1 losing it's specialness, don't worry about it. Right now we're the alienware of android. There will always be apps that are better suited to more powerful devices, and right now the N1 should lead the pack. The problem comes when dev's have to either develop multiple apps across platforms/OS's, or choose which one will be most successful.

I think having some sort of standardization would help all android users because it would encourage developers big and small (flash and xm/sirius...cough!), not to mention manufacturers and carriers to develop according to 1 standard, and in the end we all benefit more.

The N1 was supposed to be a model of how the carriers were screwing with progress, and how Google had a better idea, so I think even though it looks a little messy right now, they have a game plan that will work.

I don't really mind.

MANY of my friends have Hero's or Droids, and what reason do they have to NOT get 2.1 update? I mean are they NOT our Android brethren still?

Just because you get a 2.1 update, DOESNT mean that your Hero is 'anywhere' close to as awesome as my Nexus tho. just sayinnn!!!!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

ahahhaha droid 2.1 update is coming today. don't worry in a month or two nexus one owners will be getting a major os update that other phones will need to wait months for. (first half of 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Any Droid owner that cares has already rooted and is sporting 2.1 @ 1.2Ghz :D
    touche my friend :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links