Need advice on buying a 2nd Nexus One

This is a discussion on Need advice on buying a 2nd Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So, I have a Nexus One on T-Mobile. When the Verizon version comes out, I'm going to get a second Nexus One for my wife. ...

Thread: Need advice on buying a 2nd Nexus One

Need advice on buying a 2nd Nexus One

So, I have a Nexus One on T-Mobile. When the Verizon version comes out, I'm going to get a second Nexus One for my wife. In addition, I'll be selling my T-Mobile phone and switching to Verizon in a couple months (once the ETF is smaller).

My question is, should I buy my wife's Nexus One on my google account or hers?

It's important that we each be able to use our Gmail and Google Voice, which points towards getting them on different accounts.

But what about being able to combine into one plan down the road?

And what about sharing apps- is that possible if they are on the same account or do you have to repurchase them anyway?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. Sorry for the dumb question but this is my first smartphone so I'm a newb.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My Nexus One is still in FedEx, and I'm not going to order one for my wife until we've had some time to play with the first one, so I'm no expert.

Near as I can tell: which account you use to BUY the phone doesn't seem relevant--you definitely want to setup the phone with different google accounts once you get it.

buying the phone account doesn't matter at all.
    use your unique accounts to set up the phone.
    The rest of the issue, unless your buying all unlocked versions, is with carrier accounts. Combining and all of that isn't much of a problem and is through the carrier, google could care less as long as they can track your account exists.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    So, I have a Nexus One on T-Mobile. When the Verizon version comes out, I'm going to get a second Nexus One for my wife. In addition, I'll be selling my T-Mobile phone and switching to Verizon in a couple months (once the ETF is smaller).

My question is, should I buy my wife's Nexus One on my google account or hers?

It's important that we each be able to use our Gmail and Google Voice, which points towards getting them on different accounts.

But what about being able to combine into one plan down the road?

And what about sharing apps- is that possible if they are on the same account or do you have to repurchase them anyway?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. Sorry for the dumb question but this is my first smartphone so I'm a newb.
    Those aren't dumb questions, but since we don't have any solid info on the Verizon version, it's really hard to tell right now.

As far as buying your phone on different Google accounts, I don't think it matters, as long as Google gets their money lol.

Each phone will have to be set up individually, so even if you buy 2 phones with one Google account or 2 phones with 2 different Google accounts , you'll still be able to setup each phone with whatever Google account you want(or none at all if you didn't want to I guess),

With the app purchases, you're gonna have to pay for each phone it's installed on, if it's paid. Not sure how it works if you have multiple devices under one account, but it's like any other software license I'm sure.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links