Cannot connect to N1 for wifi tethering

This is a discussion on Cannot connect to N1 for wifi tethering within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by NeonMonster Okay. I have just tested Wifitether and my Win7. Wifi-Encryption is turned OFF. If you have Enabled Access-Control, you have to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot connect to N1 for wifi tethering

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Okay. I have just tested Wifitether and my Win7.

Wifi-Encryption is turned OFF.

If you have Enabled Access-Control, you have to hit menu, go into Access Control and CHECK OFF YOUR COMPUTER for the Nexus to allow data to go through. My Win7 easily connected to the wifi hotspot, but wasn't able to load any webpages until I checked off my computer in Access Control.

The only other thing I could think you did wrong was if you downloaded the wrong Wifi-Tether, but if a Mac is able to connect I don't think its the Nexus or app.
    When I first set it up, I did not have any encryption set, nor did I enable access control.. should I be enabling access control? I didn't have it on, and the Mac was able to get on fine. The problem is, my N1 doesn't see my laptop in order to even able AC since it cannot connect to the hotspot.. It see's it, and is attempting to.. but times out..

I'm going to try a win7 laptop here at work and see if it's a win7 issue, or my laptop.

Something I'm reading right.. seems like I'm not the only one. I am also running win7 64 bit.. are you running 64-bit Neon?

Issue 244 - android-wifi-tether - Windows 7 wont connect - Project Hosting on Google Code

Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    Something I'm reading right.. seems like I'm not the only one. I am also running win7 64 bit.. are you running 64-bit Neon?

Issue 244 - android-wifi-tether - Windows 7 wont connect - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Hmmm... thats bizarre.....

Try turning on Access Control to see if it makes a difference.... But have you tried to poke around in the settings on your computer for the wireless hotspot?

Yes, I am running Win7 64bit. You have already rooted your Nexus, so your comp has the Nexus One Drivers installed on it already yes? Have you installed or attempted to install any other drivers on your computer?

Also, this type of thread would be in Tech Issues/Bug Reports.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Hmmm... thats bizarre.....

Try turning on Access Control to see if it makes a difference.... But have you tried to poke around in the settings on your computer for the wireless hotspot?

Yes, I am running Win7 64bit. You have already rooted your Nexus, so your comp has the Nexus One Drivers installed on it already yes? Have you installed or attempted to install any other drivers on your computer?

Also, this type of thread would be in Tech Issues/Bug Reports.
    Not quiet sure what you mean by that.. My computer is able to see the hotspot fine.

Yes, my N1 is rooted, but I rooted it on my desktop computer, not my laptop, so as far as I know, my laptop doesn't know what a Nexus One is.. do you think that would be the culprit? Although I don't think that makes very much sense since it should just see it as a wifi signal, and not a phone device.

Interesting.

The culprit seems to be a combination of Intel WiFi cards and/or Intel Drivers. I've tested with Intel 1000 BGN, 5100 AGN and 5300 AGN WiFi cards. None of them work correctly with android-wifi-tether 2.0pre3 or pre4.

My Acer laptop uses the Intel 5100 wifi link. Several people in have also reported the same issue with the Intel 5100 wifi link. I think I might have figured it out.

Okay, after reading that link above, I am very confident this has something to do with Intel Wifi drivers (as I originally suspected).

I'll summarize what I found in the link above for future reference. I don't have my laptop with me now at work, but I will try it and report back when I do.

Intel WiFi 1000 BGN
    Confirmed working with: Intel WiFi Drivers 13.1.1.1 (02/26/2010)

Intel Wifi 5100 AGN
    Confirmed working with: Intel Wifi Drivers 13.1.1.1 (02/26/2010)

Intel Wifi 5300 AGN
    Confirmed working with: Intel Wifi Drivers 13.1.1.1 (02/26/2010)

Problem solved. Updated my Intel drivers to 13.1.1.1 and connected to my N1 instantly. Posting on my wifi tethered laptop :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links