thinking about buying a nexus 1 on ebay question......

This is a discussion on thinking about buying a nexus 1 on ebay question...... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was looking into buying the nexus one phone on ebay used most likely and dont know if unlocked or locked matters since I'll be ...

Thread: thinking about buying a nexus 1 on ebay question......

thinking about buying a nexus 1 on ebay question......

I was looking into buying the nexus one phone on ebay used most likely and dont know if unlocked or locked matters since I'll be using my t-mobile sim card anyways.

Now is it simply a matter of putting in my sim card and I can start using it? Reason why I asked is because at a thrift store in my city today I saw a white G1 google phone for 50 bucks and when turning it on it goes to a screen to log into a google account email. Even with my sim card in it was doing this only allowing emergency calls.

Also I I dont have to make useless other threads, does the phone sync with microsoft outlook contacts like my tmobile dash did? Thanks

Just wanted to add something I dont have a internet data plan on our tmobile service. So if i buy a used nexus one locked or unlocked do I have to setup a google account does it force me to on the phone when I turn it on or does it let you bypass it and use it? Basicaly I lived without internet on my tmobile dash as I did was use it as a phone, text, and sync contacts, and sometimes connect to wifi can I do this with a nexus one or google G1? Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You'll have to be extra careful when buying an N1 off of eBay due to the wording your using...

Alot of the time because of the iPhone people use the term unlocked when they have jailbroken the iPhone... but for the N1 that would mean rooted.

Just make absolute sure that the N1 you buy is NOT rooted since you'll lose the warranty. Any T-Mo compatible N1 you buy is going to be unlocked where you can just pop in your SIM card.

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    I was looking into buying the nexus one phone on ebay used most likely and dont know if unlocked or locked matters since I'll be using my t-mobile sim card anyways.

Now is it simply a matter of putting in my sim card and I can start using it? Reason why I asked is because at a thrift store in my city today I saw a white G1 google phone for 50 bucks and when turning it on it goes to a screen to log into a google account email. Even with my sim card in it was doing this only allowing emergency calls.

Also I I dont have to make useless other threads, does the phone sync with microsoft outlook contacts like my tmobile dash did? Thanks

Just wanted to add something I dont have a internet data plan on our tmobile service. So if i buy a used nexus one locked or unlocked do I have to setup a google account does it force me to on the phone when I turn it on or does it let you bypass it and use it? Basicaly I lived without internet on my tmobile dash as I did was use it as a phone, text, and sync contacts, and sometimes connect to wifi can I do this with a nexus one or google G1? Thanks
    The word 'locked' seems to be used too loosely these days.

In general terms, 'locked' means a phone is specifically tied to a carrier and that carrier only. Locked means, you can only use it on that carrier it's locked to.

The Nexus One does not come locked regardless if you buy it as a subsidized contract with Tmobile or unsubsidized.

Now if you're referring to something other than a carrier lock, then like the previous poster said, be careful about getting a rooted (jailbroken) N1 from ebay. The warranty is voided and there is no way (at the moment) to make it seem otherwise.

And to answer your question, (rooted or not), yes, you can just pop in your SIM card and start using it as a phone regardless if you have data or not. You can bypass registering your phone with your Google account.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links