hard time taking the battery cover off

This is a discussion on hard time taking the battery cover off within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does anyone else have a difficult time taking their battery cover off? I have to apply so much pressure to get mine off that I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hard time taking the battery cover off

hard time taking the battery cover off

Does anyone else have a difficult time taking their battery cover off? I have to apply so much pressure to get mine off that I feel I'm going to break my N1 in half. Is it that hard with your phones?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's pretty stiff, but I don't feel like I'm going to damage anything... not that I have it on and off a lot though.

I know what you mean.

Best way I've found to do is instead of using my fingers to slide up/down to separate the cover, use your palms.

Lay the screen portion of the phone at the palm of one hand, take your other hand and slide opposite direction of the other hand. Comes out nicely and easily in 2 seconds flat.

Nice one, thanks. I was playing with it at work and found a nice little pressure point at the bottom center of the cover. By pressing down and up with my thumb I was able to get it off with only one hand. It just needs pressure at the very bottom by the metal strip.

I have a small black "egrip" pad on the back of mine. Keeps the phone firm in hand, no slide on the car seat, and cover comes off with no effort

I still have a problem. I've read several posts about this. Each one has a new techniques,which works once or twice and then I seem to lose the hang of it.

It shouldn't be this hard. I know they wanted a sleek case, but, personally, this is a flaw. I need to change sim cards far too often, so the cover comes off quite it bit. This is the only place that shows damage on my phone and I've had it less than a month.

It's really not hard, either you have no thumbs, or something ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    It's really not hard, either you have no thumbs, or something ain't right.
    must be no thumbs. But I don't think has them either!

The palm method worked the first time, but haven't tried it again. Will wait until I have to change sim card again.

It's all about surface area. Using the palm of your hand distributes more friction to a larger area of the battery cover. Light pressure is all thats needed to slide the cover right off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links