what battery problems? lol

This is a discussion on what battery problems? lol within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by darwinvsjc fully charged my phone, left home at 10.30am got back a 2.30pm piece of **** was dead. Really regret my purchase ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: what battery problems? lol

  1. #11
    Junior Member ajohnson253's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinvsjc View Post
    fully charged my phone, left home at 10.30am got back a 2.30pm piece of **** was dead. Really regret my purchase
    Your not alone the battery on these are terrible well with my experience. Been had it off the charger for 6 hours and its already at 29% and I turn off sync and wifi and GPS. I'm about to trade it Back for a 3GS if I find someone on craigslist.

  2. #12
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson253 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinvsjc View Post
    fully charged my phone, left home at 10.30am got back a 2.30pm piece of **** was dead. Really regret my purchase
    Your not alone the battery on these are terrible well with my experience. Been had it off the charger for 6 hours and its already at 29% and I turn off sync and wifi and GPS. I'm about to trade it Back for a 3GS if I find someone on craigslist.
    Are you sure there isnt a back ground app running?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  3. #13
    Senior Member tonybhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson253 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinvsjc View Post
    fully charged my phone, left home at 10.30am got back a 2.30pm piece of **** was dead. Really regret my purchase
    Your not alone the battery on these are terrible well with my experience. Been had it off the charger for 6 hours and its already at 29% and I turn off sync and wifi and GPS. I'm about to trade it Back for a 3GS if I find someone on craigslist.
    Are you sure there isnt a back ground app running?
    how can you tell ??i'm new at this lol

  4. #14
    Member chach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    91
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson253 View Post

    Your not alone the battery on these are terrible well with my experience. Been had it off the charger for 6 hours and its already at 29% and I turn off sync and wifi and GPS. I'm about to trade it Back for a 3GS if I find someone on craigslist.
    Are you sure there isnt a back ground app running?
    how can you tell ??i'm new at this lol
    Go to settings apps and then running services

    Or go to market and download a task killer app

    Again its 11 had my phone since 9 am and at school texting browsing Pandora so for all you haters *ha ha* (Nelson laugh)

  5. #15
    Junior Member ciryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    I usually get about two full days out of the battery with my usage. I'm definately not using it as hard as some of you but I use it the same as my last phone (Q9C) and I only got about two days out of that one. This is all on the stock rom as well. Very pleased with my nexus one!

  6. #16
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post

    Are you sure there isnt a back ground app running?
    how can you tell ??i'm new at this lol
    Go to settings apps and then running services

    Or go to market and download a task killer app

    Again its 11 had my phone since 9 am and at school texting browsing Pandora so for all you haters *ha ha* (Nelson laugh)
    Ya you need to get a task killer, but first thing I would do is before its dead at 2pm go to the settings and look at the breakdown of whats using the battery, this isn't right.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  7. #17
    Junior Member patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    My first battery had terrible life... so I bought a spare from google to have as a backup. Lo and behold the spare turned out to last 3-4 times as long as the original!

    I did not follow the charging instructions on the first one (too excited, had to play), but I did on the spare.

    Just a data point, but I'd try getting a spare, following the charging directions, and see if it does better. If it doesn't you still have a backup battery.

  8. #18
    Senior Member d1mitrov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    339
    dude the battery will last from 5 hours to 2 days depending on what youre doing. If i leave my phone just stting at home on wifi it drops like 20% in a day with 3 emails synching. My daily usage is an hour of talk time with bluetooth, an hour or two of browsing web/settings/market/games, 3 emails pushing every 15 min and Fring messenger running in the background all on 3G. I get about 12-14 hours out of it. Which isnt terrible but it could be better

    You should look into downloading an app from the market that allows u to switch from 3g to 2g and back. its helpful for battery life. also as some1 else mentioned get a task killer. i use taskiller its on the market. There is also a cool program called juice defender or something. try that. Although batteries will vary there is no way some1s battery will last 2 days and urs will last 5 hours with the same amount of use.
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

  9. #19
    Junior Member darwinvsjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    dude the battery will last from 5 hours to 2 days depending on what youre doing. If i leave my phone just stting at home on wifi it drops like 20% in a day with 3 emails synching. My daily usage is an hour of talk time with bluetooth, an hour or two of browsing web/settings/market/games, 3 emails pushing every 15 min and Fring messenger running in the background all on 3G. I get about 12-14 hours out of it. Which isnt terrible but it could be better

    You should look into downloading an app from the market that allows u to switch from 3g to 2g and back. its helpful for battery life. also as some1 else mentioned get a task killer. i use taskiller its on the market. There is also a cool program called juice defender or something. try that. Although batteries will vary there is no way some1s battery will last 2 days and urs will last 5 hours with the same amount of use.
    I've got juice defender and upgraded to ultimate juice (which turns of APN, I also have task panel (a task killer). Maybe I have app that is drinking the juice when i'm not looking or maybe I have a dodgy battery either way I am dissapointed

  10. #20
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Yeah, that is undertstandable. Its possible that you have a bad battery. I would buy the spare and see if that battery is any better. If it is, then i would contact google/htc and get a replacement for your stock battery.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum