Determining Which 3G Bands my N1 Supports?

This is a discussion on Determining Which 3G Bands my N1 Supports? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; New to the N1 world so bear with me please... I was given a Nexus One as a gift the other day and I happened ...

Thread: Determining Which 3G Bands my N1 Supports?

Determining Which 3G Bands my N1 Supports?

New to the N1 world so bear with me please... I was given a Nexus One as a gift the other day and I happened to have an AT&T SIM card lying around, so I put it in and it worked.So 1) I'm assuming this means the N1 that I got is unlocked? 2) I haven't noticed any 3G coverage coming up (only EDGE) so I'm assuming it's the version that only supports T-Mobile 3G, but is there a way to determine this for sure? I would like to put it on EBay and see use the money I make off of it to buy one compatible with AT&T's 3G but I'd like to be sure of the specs before I try to do this. Please help! Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yep you've got the GSM Nexus One, they're all unlocked though.

Doesn't 'only' support T-Mobile though, most places outside the US are GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Yep you've got the GSM Nexus One, they're all unlocked though.

Doesn't 'only' support T-Mobile though, most places outside the US are GSM.
    I know its GSM, but I am fairly certain there are 2 versions of the Nexus One being sold by Google (both GSM). What I'm wondering is how to determine which 3G bands are supported by the phone (T-Mobile and AT&T use different bands for their 3G so if you have the T-Mobile version you cannot get 3G using AT&T's service and the converse is also so). So basically, how do I tell which bands my phone is equipped to receive?

Oh yes there are definitely 2 versions, clearly you have the "T-Mobile" one, it supports UTMS bands 2100, 1700 & 900

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Oh yes there are definitely 2 versions, clearly you have the "T-Mobile" one, it supports UTMS bands 2100, 1700 & 900
    I was thinking the same thing, but is it possible that I just haven't been in an area with AT&T 3G coverage?

If you pull out the battery and look underneath at the phone, there is some very light gray text on the phone. Look for "FCC ID". If the number ends in "100" you've got the Tmobile one. If it ends in "110" you've got the new unlocked version for AT&T.

Of course, if you get a 3G signal with an AT&T SIM in there then you've got the AT&T version

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    If you pull out the battery and look underneath at the phone, there is some very light gray text on the phone. Look for "FCC ID". If the number ends in "100" you've got the Tmobile one. If it ends in "110" you've got the new unlocked version for AT&T.

Of course, if you get a 3G signal with an AT&T SIM in there then you've got the AT&T version
    Thats exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links