What's up Dock?

This is a discussion on What's up Dock? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by d1mitrov i mean if you guys just need a car holder this works really well Car Charger+ Mount Kit Holder for Google ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up Dock?

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    i mean if you guys just need a car holder this works really well
    Car Charger+ Mount Kit Holder for Google Nexus One HTC - eBay (item 350330781279 end time Apr-19-10 06:55:47 PDT)

dont know whats so special about the "dock" and why you want to pay $30 or more for it
    Well if it's anything like the desktop dock than we can expect it to be pretty sweet. Here's what I think it will be able to do:

1) You put the phone in the dock and the dock detects the phone and loads up "Car Home" (maybe there's hidden magnets somewhere in the back of the phone like the Droid??)
    2) Automatically starts charging via the 3 metallic prongs on bottom of phone
    3) Activates bluetooth and if you have bluetooth built-in to your car stereo, it automatically connects. This means that any music, GPS, phone calls, etc are routed to your car speakers (which would be SWEET!!!)

not to mention the phone will fit like a glove in the dock (some aftermarket docks don't always fit snug enough)

Again, those are just my thoughts on how it might work. Hopefully some of them come true

Skip to 1:09~1:10

Looks like it has a telescoping base, built in speakers for enhanced navigation, volume rocker buttoms built into the dock, and a camera hole (Maybe to video tape your speed runs? ha)

Dido, what was said above.
    A true fitment to the phone in and out
    automatic 'car home' built in
    most likely charging, but thats not a deal breaker for me
    auto bluetooth would be nice, currently i just leave it on all the time so I never have to toggle it for my car.

That dock in the movie was SWEEET!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

car mount+car charger=car dock?

I hope it comes with all of the above...assuming its ever coming out.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links