My nexus one wont mount ( windows 7 64-bit )

This is a discussion on My nexus one wont mount ( windows 7 64-bit ) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yes, as the Win7 can't see it; to do....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My nexus one wont mount ( windows 7 64-bit )

Yes, as the Win7 can't see it; to do.

wait hold on just for claritys sake I know its a bit dumb to say it but did you drag down your notification bar, pressed on 'usb connected' and selected 'mount'? on your phone when you connect it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    wait hold on just for claritys sake I know its a bit dumb to say it but did you drag down your notification bar, pressed on 'usb connected' and selected 'mount'? on your phone when you connect it?
    Yes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Yes, as the Win7 can't see it; to do.
    Ok i'll do that in a sec.

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

There also a link that I will try to find for usb / win7 issues.

Edit: update drivers link

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    When I first plugged in my nexus one, windows 7 recognized it and installed the n1 driver... but whenever I tried to mount the nexus one to access it's files, it wont let me; thus, I always have to manually remove the micro sd card and insert it to my sd card slot on my lappy to access it.

I tried the usb debugging mode like some suggested with no avail. Does anyone here know how to fix this problem? I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me.

Thanks,
    Roxy
    What do you mean "It won't let you"?

Does it show you a new drive in My Computer, but you double click on it and it tells you to insert media or something along that?

When you plug in your phone, do you get the little USB icon in the notification bar at the top? Do you drag down the notification bar, hit the USB notification, and tell it to mount? (Note: This is NOT the same as enabling USB debugging)

All in all, you can mount the storage on Win7 64 bit, I do it, and it did it right out of the box (although not till I allowed it through the notification bar).

If this doesn't fix your issue, maybe you can be more descriptive about "It won't let me"?

Quote Originally Posted by jadoti View Post
    When I first plugged in my nexus one, windows 7 recognized it and installed the n1 driver... but whenever I tried to mount the nexus one to access it's files, it wont let me; thus, I always have to manually remove the micro sd card and insert it to my sd card slot on my lappy to access it.

I tried the usb debugging mode like some suggested with no avail. Does anyone here know how to fix this problem? I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me.

Thanks,
    Roxy
    What do you mean "It won't let you"?

Does it show you a new drive in My Computer, but you double click on it and it tells you to insert media or something along that?

When you plug in your phone, do you get the little USB icon in the notification bar at the top? Do you drag down the notification bar, hit the USB notification, and tell it to mount? (Note: This is NOT the same as enabling USB debugging)

All in all, you can mount the storage on Win7 64 bit, I do it, and it did it right out of the box (although not till I allowed it through the notification bar).

If this doesn't fix your issue, maybe you can be more descriptive about "It won't let me"?

All right let me be more descriptive.
    I connect the usb to the computer right?
    Then I go to notifications, clicked on the ' usb connected ' box, and pressed on mount.
    It does nothing. Won't even show up on my computer.

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

Update: After I updated my Alienware M15x lappy's bios to A05 ( latest ) few minutes ago, somehow I could mount my n1 out of the blue! oh well, that fixed it. Thanks for the effort to help me everyone ~ ^_^

Then I go to notifications, clicked on the ' usb connected ' box, and pressed on mount.
    After re-reading my message, I apologize if it came across as snooty/snotty/etc... Details help and I was in the same boat last night (though I didn't even know you could pull down the notification bar at that point)... Glad to hear you got it working

Quote Originally Posted by jadoti View Post

After re-reading my message, I apologize if it came across as snooty/snotty/etc... Details help and I was in the same boat last night (though I didn't even know you could pull down the notification bar at that point)... Glad to hear you got it working
    It's fine. Dw about it.

found a good fix....

I installed doubletwist on my win 7 x64 laptop. Its a free program similar to itunes. I kinda like it, but weather I use it or not, my n1 mounts every time now. Yeehaa!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links