Hey all, a bit confused here...

This is a discussion on Hey all, a bit confused here... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So i'm looking in to buying a Nexus One (i am pretty new to smartphones and 3g in general, this will be my first), and ...

Thread: Hey all, a bit confused here...

Hey all, a bit confused here...

So i'm looking in to buying a Nexus One (i am pretty new to smartphones and 3g in general, this will be my first), and I would like to use at&t.

I called the at&t store here in panama city, florida; they barely knew what a "nexus one" was, and when they found out, they said "that's that T-mobile phone aint it?"

I had to explain to them that the nexus one has become available for 3g service as of march 16 on at&t...

"well we can try activating a SIM card, i can't guarantee it'll work....blah blah"

So uh...

Either I am a complete idiot, or the people in that at&t store are pretty behind on the times.

Any help? I don't want to pay $529 for a phone that is only 3g compatible on at&t frequencies and have it not work...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There are now, two types of Nexus for the 3G frequency...

One will work on 'TM' and the other will work on 'At&T'!!

check link below for more info.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/att-t-discussion/

Those people need to get fired. Bishop is right.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

so 100% if they activate a 3g sim card for me, it will work on the N1?

even though the people in the store don't know that (they think it is only T-mobile)

edit: ok thanks alot guys. gonna buy it now

Quote Originally Posted by Tritan7 View Post

even though the people in the store don't know that (they think it is only T-mobile)

Just make sure you get the At&t 3G version. The Tmoble one will work on At&t but not on 3G.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Just make sure you get the At&t 3G version. The Tmoble one will work on At&t but not on 3G.
    wow.. an update...

the people at at&t are complete idiots.

i guess i'll have to go with T-mobile even though i hear alot of bad things about the coverage (dropped calls, etc)...

You should not have to go with TMobile if you don't want too. That's ridiculous! People are running the new N1 on AT&T, it will work... despite what some ignorant AT&T rep says.
    Google has the ATT version listed right on the order page https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=CA&s7e=

I went through the same nonsense with Rogers (Canada) when I got my Hero. They told me there was no way it would work on their network, even though it supported their 3G network. I bought it anyways & popped my SIM in. Not only did t work, but it got EDGE, 3G and 3G+ speeds.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    You should not have to go with TMobile if you don't want too. That's ridiculous! People are running the new N1 on AT&T, it will work... despite what some ignorant AT&T rep says.
    Google has the ATT version listed right on the order page https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=CA&s7e=

I went through the same nonsense with Rogers (Canada) when I got my Hero. They told me there was no way it would work on their network, even though it supported their 3G network. I bought it anyways & popped my SIM in. Not only did t work, but it got EDGE, 3G and 3G+ speeds.

Hence the reason why the Nexus One forum was born...

wow.. an update...

the people at at&t are complete idiots.
    Yes, yes they are... (not all of them, mind you, just alot of them)..

As other's have said, it's going to work... Enjoy your new N1

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links