3G Issues Resolved???

This is a discussion on 3G Issues Resolved??? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I must respectfully disagree. I live in the east side of town and when i'm at home, my signal fluctuates in/out between 3g/2g signal. Through ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3G Issues Resolved???

Cool

I must respectfully disagree. I live in the east side of town and when i'm at home, my signal fluctuates in/out between 3g/2g signal. Through out the city, 3g is not really solid. Seems it doesn't hold steadily with 3g connection. It could possibly lack of cell towers from tmo. Not sure what it is really. the interesting part is when i owned my 3g dash, i rarely get edge connection on that thing, i was impress with device.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMouth View Post
    Las Vegas, no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Any word on south florida? Has t-mobile or google addressed the fact that the issue still lingers? Have they expressed any intent to fix it since the last update?
    I've been in south Florida the past few weeks (Palm Beach Gardens) and have no problems with 3G using T-Mobile.
    Tampa here, I'm getting a N1 in a few months. I've always had perfect coverage here and hopefully that doesn't change when I do get a N1.

I manually forced 3G and turned off edge and It's much better

So it's a regional problem now? No more widespread issues?

I just flashed the newest RADIO(I think its new) 32.26..., after rebooting my n1, for a minute I thought 3g(H) signal for a minute or so hoping it fixes the signal issue, to my surprise, it still switched back and forth from H-E. I have this issue when I'm at home. I was like damn, I was holding my breath thinking I was out of the woods. Lol so I guess i'll have to live by this. Sad. I'll test the rest of the areas where I'm getting spotty signal around town this week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    So it's a regional problem now? No more widespread issues?

Quote Originally Posted by solopsist8 View Post
    San Fran no problems. Luq07...sounds like you need a factory reset or a new unit, your experience isn't the norm. Start a thread over in Tech Issues to track and resolve.
    I'm also in SF as well, however, I'm on AT&T and this is kinda ***ing me off. Sometimes I get a connection, sometimes I don't. At work (in the financial district), no connection, however, it's not such a big deal since I have a phone and can surf the net, but still, I should be able to connect no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hays View Post
    I manually forced 3G and turned off edge and It's much better
    +1

To manually set 3g:

Go to phone > dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to Phone Info and choose WCMA Only.

This will keep you on 3G and force a better speed. If by chance you roam out of 3G coverage & find you need EDGE, you can easily switch back to WCMA Preferred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links