Where do Apps download to?

This is a discussion on Where do Apps download to? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Got into this a little the other day. I haven't got my Nexus yet but am getting as much info as possible. I'm surprised to ...

Thread: Where do Apps download to?

Where do Apps download to?

Got into this a little the other day. I haven't got my Nexus yet but am getting as much info as possible. I'm surprised to hear that the Apps are stored on the ROM. Is the any way of storing them on the SD card with out rooting? I have picked out a ton of Apps am sure they all won't fit on the Rom! Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You won't 'need' to store/hoard apps..they're always in the market, just a few clicks/seconds away at any point in time. Only 'load' and keep the ones you use most frequently. If you have an app you haven't used in a month, you don't need it loaded.

I have a 16GB SD card! And I can't see myself downloading an App every time I want to use something that I don't use every day!

Root your phone, make a ext3 partition on that big ol' SD card in AmonRA recovery, install CyanogenMod, and enable Apps2Sd. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Root your phone

Root is not always the answer....Why does everyone always suggest it?

You're right...I was partly saying that tongue-in-cheek. However, if you want loads of free internal memory and the ability to install your apps on the SD card (a 16 gig sd card at that) as the OP was asking, unlocking/rooting/sd partition/custom rom/apps2sd is the only answer i've ever heard of. If anyone has any other suggestions that may make this work, I'm all ears...

mah
    They get stored in /data/app, but this directory is not accessible to you unless you've got a rooted device. If your device is rooted, you can install / uninstall simply by copying the apk files to/from that directory.

An unrooted device will let you store 190MB of apps. Most apps are smaller than 2MB, giving you quite a bot of room in the ROM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links