N1's most common issues

This is a discussion on N1's most common issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Glad to see some honesty about the problems....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N1's most common issues

Glad to see some honesty about the problems.

My honest opinion:

1) Touchscreen issue (easily fixed with quick lock & unlock)
    2) WiFi doesn't auto connect intermittently, this is fixed by going to WiFi settings menu, then it will connect on its own whilst you're looking at the settings!
    2) Wallpaper doesn't centre properly on central home screen sometimes

Battery really isn't an issue, just make sure you turn off GPS, WiFi and keep screen brightness down if not needed.

Touchscreen issue (easily fixed with quick lock & unlock)
    You mean just letting the phone lock up and then just doing the standard unlock you do every time you touch it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Touchscreen issue (easily fixed with quick lock & unlock)
    You mean just letting the phone lock up and then just doing the standard unlock you do every time you touch it?
    Based on my own experience, as well as many others reported here, the touchscreen can infrequently become 'confused'...it is most often seen when plugged in and charging, leading some to suspect that is a culprit, but it also happens on occasion when the keyboard (either native, or third-party) launches or changes from portrait to landscape, or there is/has been a lot of touch activity in combination with quite a few background running apps. I have seen this a few times since Jan 5th, and it's not a total hang..the screen mis-registers the touch..you'll see another area highlight, not the point you touched...some have called this 'the screen freaking out'. 95% of the time, simply lock/unlock resolves the 'confusion'...but some indicate a reboot was the only solution. That is the best summary I have observed on the issue, and it is certainly not a huge problem, nor does it affect regular usage...but when/if it happens, you know how to fix it.

Best answer to any question ever!

Quote Originally Posted by solopsist8 View Post
    1) Inability to put it down
    2) Battery dies due to #1
    3) Wife feels neglected until #2, thanks to #1

Quote Originally Posted by solopsist8 View Post
    1) Inability to put it down
    2) Battery dies due to #1
    3) Wife feels neglected until #2, thanks to #1

so, my wife got her own N1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Glad to see some honesty about the problems.
    I am not sure if being honest means you HAVE to have problems... I can honestly say I have none.

What irritates me mildly though is the 4 buttons, I still feel you should be able to click ON them, not slightly above. That is all I have to complain about, honestly.

Before I rooted, I had one or two spontaneous reboots, which has not happened ONCE since I run the Cyanogen Mod. I think I only had one force close even, and that was on Nimbuzz (funny enough I had LOTS of FC's on my iPod Touch, most involving the BUILT IN software, such as email, just for a reference).

So, all in all, I think this phone is the Ultimate Awesomeness, and I have played with it for over 2 months now
    My sigs keep getting

1) 3G issues
    2) Touchscreen
    3) Weak external speakers

What is rooting?

i have no idea what you guys are talking about with the 4 soft key issues where you have to touch above to make them work. i've had the phone for 2 months now and have never had to touch above. when i try to touch above, it doesnt register. i have to actually touch the icon to get the key to work. you guys must have defective phones

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links