N1's most common issues

This is a discussion on N1's most common issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by deel i have no idea what you guys are talking about with the 4 soft key issues where you have to touch ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N1's most common issues

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    i have no idea what you guys are talking about with the 4 soft key issues where you have to touch above to make them work. i've had the phone for 2 months now and have never had to touch above. when i try to touch above, it doesnt register. i have to actually touch the icon to get the key to work. you guys must have defective phones
    actually since i rooted mine the soft key issue has been gone.
    so obviously we must have defective phones.

My only real gripe is that pictures I view on Craigslist don't look all that clean.
    Also when I try and type into facebook or a forum the keyboard becomes buggy. It will intermittently not let me type,kick me out of where I clickedw, not display what I have typed....
    I use better keyboard so not sure if it's an issue with BK.

I got my N1 on Friday and have been putting it through it's paces since... my top gripes so far are

1. Wifi drops randomly
    2. 3G drops randomly
    3. soft buttons don't always register

Aside from that the screen goes a little goofy from time to time and the speaker is very weak.

Now, don't let these things fool you though. The phone is amazing and has been awesome for me. There are a few little things that can be fixed (prob will be with updates), but really the phone has blown me away. Coming from a die hard BB user, I will never go back. The keyboard is not as bad as some has said it to be and the battery issues aren't really a problem for me.

I think that if you know the issues going in, then you will be fine. I knew about the problems when I ordered the phone, so it isn't a big deal to me. I am sure that there will be fixes at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by solopsist8 View Post
    1) Inability to put it down
    2) Battery dies due to #1
    3) Wife feels neglected until #2, thanks to #1
    Silly boys... that's not the problem, you should have just gotten one for your wife too..

True....loved it

Quote Originally Posted by solopsist8 View Post
    1) Inability to put it down
    2) Battery dies due to #1
    3) Wife feels neglected until #2, thanks to #1
    True....loved it

I honestly can find no reason to root my phone it has performed flawlessly. Battery lasts me a minimum of 15 hours I have yet to see below 20% I love the gbc emulator run it all day long pokemon is like vintage crack.3g is stupid fast iPhone kids constantly try to web race battle smoke them everytime. Touch screen is perfect typing on my phone now have yet to make a mistake. I'm so glad I got this phone live wallpaper amazes me just sit and stare for hours LOL love having my every contact with pics is great. camera is ridiculous and me and the gf have had fun with the video camera bottom line this phone is the *** if you think otherwise you are a hater

I love my nexus one, but I think these problems are common to most:

-Obvious misplaced location of soft-button triggers
    -Internal antenna locations/3g signal strength
    -Occasional decalibration of touch screen (often fixed by a sleep/wakeup)

I have also had mine reset/crash without input twice, I have had multiple keyboard input crashes when used in landscape mode, and my notification ringtone just stops working once every couple days; a soft-reset is required to get it working again.

Nothing that makes me not love it.

I'd say that when you're typing and press the DEL button above the ":-)" the ":-)" shows up so many times, you got to press the DEL button above its real spot.

Even as Ardynine posted, the softkey buttons you have to press'm a bit above.

Isn't it bothersome that a $500+ phone has all these issues?

I find the phone so awesome, I can forgive a couple issues. One that seriously bugs me though is the 3G problem. When downloading applications, sometimes I put the phone in the Google base and by morning all my apps have been added or upgraded as the case may be. It isn't a perfect device, but then I'm not a perfect man and I don't live in a perfect world. Rough ain't it.

I've never had anything close to the Nexus One before, I think it's fabulous. But as with most electronics, something better will come along. I'll want it, too.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links