All my music - anywhere.

This is a discussion on All my music - anywhere. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I got my nexus onto a personal VPN. Kind of a pain with consumer grade hardware - not getting into that though. MediaTomb is installed ...

Thread: All my music - anywhere.

All my music - anywhere.

I got my nexus onto a personal VPN. Kind of a pain with consumer grade hardware - not getting into that though.

MediaTomb is installed on my home download/media/cam server. It is a upnp media server.

Andromote is a upnp media server browser/renderer from the android app repository. It is a little flaky and unpolished, but it has potential. I'll buy the paid version when it comes out of beta.

Andromote can now stream all of my music files over 3g from anywhere. It is far from perfect with 3g issues, app issues, and my home server isn't set up completely right. I still think it is kind of cool.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That is pretty cool. How's the sound quality over 3G though?

The sound quality is great until it cuts out. The home internet connection has other traffic that competes with the streaming and will sometimes bog down, and you can't expect 3g to be 100% reliable either.

I think windows media player might have a upnp server built in if any windows people wanted to try it out.

Gmote also has a remote connection you can set up over 3G instead of WiFi....The setup process is a little complicated but once you set it up it's pretty good

Looks like gmote doesn't require a vpn either. Ddns or static IP is all you need. I'll probably try to get that working so I can shut down the vpn.

I understand that this one is pretty sweet too:
    Subsonic Free Music Streamer

though I haven't tried it yet...

I've been using Orb. Easy to set up & works great.

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post

HUGE (really huge!) app for me...I would buy a NAS/server just for this app on android alone! 600 gigs of my tunage no matter where I am..can't beat that (oh, and Orb...pffft!)

Quote Originally Posted by solopsist8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post

HUGE (really huge!) app for me...I would buy a NAS/server just for this app on android alone! 600 gigs of my tunage no matter where I am..can't beat that (oh, and Orb...pffft!)
    Just playing around with it now. It's nice looking and plays well, but it downloads the music your playing to the SD card. Kinda defeats the purpose of streaming. Anyone using it know of any way to change that? I don't see any settings in the app.

More control over the cache, like scheduled cache deletion are to be implemented in future releases...
    Subsonic Forum :: View topic - Android app feature requests

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links