Keyboard Help on Cyan 5.0.5.3- N1

This is a discussion on Keyboard Help on Cyan 5.0.5.3- N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi Guys, I just bought a used Nexus One that has been rooted and installed with CyanogenMod 5.0.5.3-N1. My buddy has the same phone rooted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keyboard Help on Cyan 5.0.5.3- N1

Keyboard Help on Cyan 5.0.5.3- N1

Hi Guys,

I just bought a used Nexus One that has been rooted and installed with CyanogenMod 5.0.5.3-N1. My buddy has the same phone rooted and installed with the same mod. However, on his, the keyboard looks like the stock keyboard that comes with Nexus. On mine though, the keyboard seems very weird. Its kinda impossible to see the letters. The background of the keyboard is not solid and therefore making it very difficult to see the letters. How do I get my stock keyboard back? Please see the attached screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

in the field where you input text hold that down. Some options should pop up, press 'input method' and hopefully there is an option of android keyboard. Select that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    in the field where you input text hold that down. Some options should pop up, press 'input method' and hopefully there is an option of android keyboard. Select that.

Thanks! Android keyboard is the only option in there..and I selected that but nothing changes. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Hmmm, it must be a skin of some sort or something. Try going to menu-settings-language&keyboard and see if there is any setting or option about a keyboard skin and if you can disable it. If that doesn't work and is proper annoying you, maybe different keyboards altogether could kinda help out a bit. I would recommend swype (from the xda forums) and 'better keyboard'.

Another thing I noticed is the following: When you're composing a message, the top half usually says "Compose Mail" and the bottom half is the keyboard...however on mine it looks like that top half is the background of the keyboard....cause when I write something, it shows what i wrote in the background....

I kinda see what you're saying from the pic you posted. that is well weird, but try see if you get any luck in the keyboard settings and if not best I could try and advise is trying a different keyboard. Hopefully someone will be able to come in the thread and help but that is the best solution I can think of.

Androidcentral did a lil review on keyboards so check this out to help you decide which could work for you.

Android Central's Keyboard Roundup | Android Central

Hi - There are no options for the skins under language settings..I'll go through the keyboard options..Thanks!

Re: Keyboard Help on Cyan 5.0.5.3- N1

good luck with that

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

why dont u completly wipe and reinstall cyano???

that will fix every issue on the apps or mods installed by the old owner

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

Yes. That looks like a flashed on keyboard mod.

If MetaMorph is installed on your phone, you MIGHT be able to remove the keyboard if its a Morph.

But most likely if there isn't any options to change it anywhere, it has been flashed on to your Nexus previously and replaced the default stock.

You best bet, is to back up ALL your apps and data settings, then wipe the phone and then reflash Cyanogen 5.0.5.3 to make sure you are starting from scratch!

Or you can always install another keyboard and just not use the Android Stock!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links