Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica

This is a discussion on Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Blackbeard tengo un sim GSM, sin embargo no me cambia a la banda 3G, me muestra unicamente una R donde indica la seņal, hay algo ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica

Ayuda con este tel

Blackbeard tengo un sim GSM, sin embargo no me cambia a la banda 3G, me muestra unicamente una R donde indica la seņal, hay algo que deba hacerle para que la reconozca? El que compre fue el que dice de At&T, me podrias ayduar por favor. Gracias.

Go to settings---wireless networks --- mobile networks and check Data Roaming

Blackbeard,

Thanks for confirming this information. I just got myself a new Nexus One, will be arriving next week. Bought it from the Google Store with no problems using my credit card. I got the AT&T version to avoid hiccups with the 3G Network.

Anything you'd like to recommend? I was thinking about unlocking the phone and rooting it to use Custom Rom's.

How do the phone behaves here... regarding signal, reception, voice quality, Internet service? I'm very interested to know your feedback.

Thanks in advance,
    Roberto

The Nexus One comes unlocked so its good to go right away. I haven't rooted mine yet but a friend did. Make sure you backup everything!

I don't know if you saw the news but the ICE finished its promotional period this weekend. Now we have to pay for the different Kolbi data plans. If you already have the minimum internet package (from your GSM line) then you will start out with 128kbps downstream. I'll be upgrading to the $27/month for unlimited because I use it a lot.

I find the reception noticeably better than the iPhone. The data works even with really bad reception.

Hey man! Thank you very much!

Regarding the plans, from what I understand, the SUTEL warned ICE regarding the Internet service. They cannot charge/compare the service as/with ADSL.

ICE is still checking the plans and what offers they'll make.

I checked today, and is downloading at 700 kbps...

Maybe they forgot you. I saw them hanging different people over to the slower speed one by one during the weekend. I am currently at 100kbps.

Man, I'm still in R.. I changed the setting to Data Roaming.. but still no 3G.. where do I put the apn?

Right under Data Roaming...Access Point Names. What type of SIM do you have? On my phone there is always a little R in the signal strength meter. But the letters 3G shows up on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Right under Data Roaming...Access Point Names. What type of SIM do you have? On my phone there is always a little R in the signal strength meter. But the letters 3G shows up on the left.

I have the pink one..

But how do I set the APN?

I have the pink one..

But how do I set the APN?
    Hit the menu button and select "New APN", then fill in only the "Name" and "APN". Before exiting hit the menu button once again and press "Save".

According to your last posts it looks like you already had this SIM connected to the internet with another phone?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links