Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica

This is a discussion on Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I bought a nexus one from USA. At first, I received a T-mobile version(The EAN number is 4710937336221) because I do not know I should ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One AT&T version works with ICE 3G in Costa Rica

Why my ICE 3G with Nexus one always have a R icon

I bought a nexus one from USA. At first, I received a T-mobile version(The EAN number is 4710937336221) because I do not know I should use the ATT version, and then I asked the seller to replace a new ATT version(EAN number is 4710937337792), but still no 3G signal and always showed roaming.
    Although I know I can call HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair
    at 1-888-48-NEXUS (63987) and give them my EAN number to make sure if this is a ATT version, but I just do not want to call google since I am in Costa Rica. Could anyone help me to verify if the EAN number 4710937337792 means ATT version. I am afraid the seller cheating on me, is there the third model.
    What should I do to correct the raoming problem if it is ATT version? Should I just set the APN to make this correct or is there any other steps I should do to make ATT version to work in Costa Rica.
    Could anyone tell me the method to test the frequency (850MHz in 3G), I cannot find the place to find such information.
    Thanks a lot for your response!

Quote Originally Posted by nexusone11 View Post
    I bought a nexus one from USA. At first, I received a T-mobile version(The EAN number is 4710937336221) because I do not know I should use the ATT version, and then I asked the seller to replace a new ATT version(EAN number is 4710937337792), but still no 3G signal and always showed roaming.
    Although I know I can call HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair
    at 1-888-48-NEXUS (63987) and give them my EAN number to make sure if this is a ATT version, but I just do not want to call google since I am in Costa Rica. Could anyone help me to verify if the EAN number 4710937337792 means ATT version. I am afraid the seller cheating on me, is there the third model.
    What should I do to correct the raoming problem if it is ATT version? Should I just set the APN to make this correct or is there any other steps I should do to make ATT version to work in Costa Rica.
    Could anyone tell me the method to test the frequency (850MHz in 3G), I cannot find the place to find such information.
    Thanks a lot for your response!
    Between my friends and I we have tested three Nexus Ones (AT&T) purchased from the web site. Underneath the battery you can find the FCC ID. Mine says "FCC ID NM8PB99110". Google that number. By searching on the web it looks like the T-Mobile version has FCC ID NM8PB99100.

I have a pink/purple SIM and in my strength bar I always have a little "R". When I turn on "Data Roaming", the letters 3G appear to the left and I can navigate. My friends that have the green SIM cards and the Kolbi cards do not have the little "R" and do not need to turn on Data Roaming.

Does someone know how to config MMS with the N1? I have a Kolbi Unlimited Data Plan and also requested the MMS service. I am able to use the 3G speed internet with it but I cannot send MMS.

I used to have a Sony Ericsson and I was able to send MMS with this config:

MMS Server: http://mmsice
    MMS Port: 8080
    Proxy: 10.184.202.24
    APN: kolbi3g

And now on the N1 there are some new fields that I don't know how to fill them to get my MMS working:

MMSC: apparently this is the server http://mmsice
    MCC: is defaulted to 712
    MNC: is defaulted to 01

MMS Proxy and MMS Port are filled as detailed above but still I cannot get it to work.

Please help.

Hey,

one more question, does your phone number show up under Settings > About Phone > Status > My phone number

Mine shows as "Desconocido". I read around the forum that the phone number is actually not stored in the sim card but you can set it using a different phone with sim card management capabilities. I'm just trying to setup the google voice app and when it comes to the part were it verifies my phone number, it fails and says it cannot verify my phone number.
    I tried a dialing the code *#100# so that the network could give me back a response with my phone number but I then get a "Connection problem or invalid MMI code" message.

Man, lo del telefono.. queda desconocido.. nada q hacer con eso.

Respecto a los settings del MMS, tenes q contactar al ICE, para q te den la hoja completa de settings...

Saludos!

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    Hey,

one more question, does your phone number show up under Settings > About Phone > Status > My phone number
    Yes, my number does show up in the "My Phone Number" field. I am using the pink/purple SIM.

Hi,
    Yes, my phone number now shows up. I used a SE phone to save my phone number on the sim and then I put back my sim in my N1 and boom! it shows up now.
    But when I tried to setup Google Voice I still got the same error when it verifies my phone number. Has someone been successful setting up Google Voice in Costa Rica? I have a black kolbi sim card.

Quote Originally Posted by alzakx View Post
    Hi,
    Yes, my phone number now shows up. I used a SE phone to save my phone number on the sim and then I put back my sim in my N1 and boom! it shows up now.
    But when I tried to setup Google Voice I still got the same error when it verifies my phone number. Has someone been successful setting up Google Voice in Costa Rica? I have a black kolbi sim card.
    I understand it only works in the US.
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Voice]Google Voice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Apparently it does. There seems to be a away around it though. So, that shoots 2 of my 3 questions i had. Anyone lucky with the mms config?

Interesting... my phone number does not show up..gonna check that to see what is going on...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links